Grow Mediums New to COCO, any feeding Schedule advise? Mephisto Genetics

bobcharlieeeee

New User
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Im new to COCO, and id like some advise, i grow Mephisto genetics strains based in the UK. I dont know the first thing about COCO so im looking for some education,

Im currently growing in Soil using Biobizz products, however im not getting on with them and they react way way too slow for my liking, as soon as a plant shows a deficiency, its too late! by week 3 they take a sudden turn for the worse and never recover fully. Id like more control to actually know whats going on inside the pot. i feel like soil is just a massive guess.

This leads me onto wanting to try COCO for my next grow.

Now iv had a few under / overwatering issues in soil which hasnt helped, which im hoping COCO will be more forgiving, in addition to this i want to use auto pots to take the worry of watering away from me,

Im in a very hardwater area with basically no Magnesium, i plan on using Growers Ark hardwater nutes.

So a few questions

1. Anybody grow Mephisto genetics in COCO in Autopots? If so what nutes?
  2. If so what is your feeding schedule for each week?
  3. Can you overwater in Autopots?
  4. Can you use the 47lt reservoir for an 8 pot set up?
  5. Anybody use Growers ark nutes? if so when do you switch from Grow to Bloom nutes?
  6. How long does it take the plants to react to nutrients in COCO?
  7. I plan on using Biobizz COCO mix, do i need to buffer this?
  8. Do you need to wash the reservoir between refills?
  9. When increasing nutrient strength, can you just add the new strength mix straight into the reservoir or do you need to empty out the older weaker mix?
  10. Iv read that adding Hydrogen peroxide to the reservoir, is this to stop build up or is this to get oxygen to the roots of the plants?

Obviously regarding schedules il be told to read the plants, but i just need to know a rough idea so i know how much to give, i dont want to give a seedling a late veg strength for instance.

Really just thinking aloud at the moment, but any advise / contributions / experiences will be good.

Last edited:
I can answer some of this with generalizations:

I use a different brand of nutes, but I switch from veg to bloom a week or 2 after pistils show prominently.

Hydrogen peroxide kills pathogens, some insects, and beneficial microbes. It can also add oxygen. Here it is available at 29%, and must be carefully diluted. It is capable of serious skin burns, and starting fires if spilled on the wrong combustable.

Wear gloves any eye protection, the burns are not immediately apparent.

@Drownomatic thanks mate, im just trying to increase my knowledge for now so your post has helped.

One thing i feel with biobizz organic nutes is by the time i have decided to switch to flowering nutes that time is already too late! one of the many reasons i want to try coco. i think we can get it as 30% but 3% is readily available.

Do you need to use h2o2 or is that optional? or only use if you get issues kind of thing?

I use full strength in a sprayer to clean my tent between rounds, and diluted to wash my buds before drying.

I grow in soil, and I've never added it. I do use a few CC's of hydroguard per gallon in my water to hopefully keep roots healthy.

Cocoforcannabis.com is a good place for info.:pighug:

1. Yes with 1 part megacrop and with Athena blended with not great results
2. Week 1 0.5ec, week 2 0.7ec, week 3 0.9ec, week 4 on 1.1-1.3ec
3. No
4. Can use anything you want as a reservoir, bigger it is the less you'll have to top up. 5 gallon bags will drink about a gallon a day each in flower
5. Never heard of them. Some people switch to bloom at pistils showing, some switch after stretch
6. Depends, can be overnight or could be a week or 2
7. Never used it. I never trust the bags or bricks of coco and wash and buffer myself
8. Wash weekly
9. You can add as long as you add correctly more water and not just nutes to the rez, but make sure to stay on top of pH
10. Not necessary
:pighug:

Just a couple coco basics that have worked well for me:

Fertilizer+Water = Fertigate

Fertigate every time. Never water only. Always nutrients mixed in.

pH 5.8-6.2

Start with half the strength nutrients suggested on their feed chart and work up slowly. Good luck!

Back