Newman Chucks Pollen

So I’m ditching all the earthbox plants. In my main grow I had a male show at day 12 and I’ve been waiting for such an opportunity to try and breed a fast day 60 strain and while it may not be true the hypothesis is early show=Early finish. The first plant in the earthbox showed at day 19 for comparison, popping enough beans to find the golden boy is a necessary sacrifice and moving forward I’ll try to conduct larger pheno hunts. I also killed the Root Beer Float seedling as it wasn’t thriving like it should, then the backup seed didn’t pop. In the 2x2 raised bed I sowed 11 BlackberryxCMD and they are on day 2 with a few late arrivals
BE2F55B3-F0F2-468B-8D50-B4C1A0366EAB.jpeg

I will selectively pollinate most of the plants I am growing this round now with only the fast Male. Maybe a branch per plant on 9 different strains to give myself the best opportunity to recapture the speed.
The fast male is a HubbabubbaSmelloscope x (HubbabubbaSmelloscope x Coal Miners Daughter) I’ve dubbed the strain Beauregarde Bx1 eventually I want to make it a purple strain so it can be appropriately named Violet Beauregarde, the blackberry crossed to this might be the golden ticket to achieve that
Here is the fast male back on day 12
6C9E690C-2430-46A0-ADD4-61C32789A544.jpeg

Dug the male pollen donor out of the raised bed and placed it into one of the earthbox Jr’s, hopefully it handles that ok and the seedlings around it aren’t overly affected🤞 I wanted to leave him in bed to max him out for reference but this will suffice to get the pollen, it also looks like the plant next to him is sexing as female on day 15 which is also pretty quick so we may have a match right within the Beauregarde Bx1’s as long as I didn’t kill them both with this transplanting
9EB037B5-3CA7-4E70-96C9-1E8AC4FDACB4.jpeg

The super fast male HBSS(HBSSxCMD) ended up going hermy. Tempted to use the pollen on a few select sites on the fast female of the same cross and just see what happens as a learning experience as the male may have Hermied from being ripped out of the soil and transplanted and removed from the grow environment and chucked under a grow light in my kitchen. Thoughts? I know it should meet a swift demise deep down
D7ABA7C3-55B1-49DA-B479-BD117026C6EB.jpeg
5E25FFFA-9521-4492-8438-5265178F11DE.jpeg

Don't use it brother if you know it's bad genetics...Select for the best. Do you perhaps have older pollen from another CMD cross that you can use?

Don't use it brother if you know it's bad genetics...Select for the best. Do you perhaps have older pollen from another CMD cross that you can use?
I won’t use it after sleeping on it but no I don’t store pollen. It was the speed of this male I wanted but I am thinking I need
To fill jars so I will grow flower and first grow of 2024 do a seedrun

Back