Newman Chucks Pollen

I think that would be a F1 brother. Or am I now mistaken? It's all new for me too you know :cheers:
I think the original cross was the F1 then it was Bx’d to secure more of the forum stomper traits so this would be the third generation. But the first time the line has been bred onto itself resulting in F2? :baked: @Sawney_bean can you drop some knowledge :worship: maybe there is a whole other terminology for working such a line

I think the original cross was the F1 then it was Bx’d to secure more of the forum stomper traits so this would be the third generation. But the first time the line has been bred onto itself resulting in F2? :baked: @Sawney_bean can you drop some knowledge :worship: maybe there is a whole other terminology for working such a line
Depends on breeding methods.
You can use same f1 pollen or new pollen from new males .
Reversing and self pollinating may be used , so to be honest I have no clue what results may be .

BX1?

:pass:

The Bx1 is the current seeds I have on hand which was my F1 generation back crossed onto an original parent. Now rather than making a Bx2 and backcrossing again I am working the Bx1 line by crossing Bx1 x Bx1 which I think makes F2. Since these aren’t seeds for sale and just personal use it really doesn’t matter but I felt it was useful to abide by the proper nomenclature for future reference rather than trying murkily to describe my process in the future

The Bx1 is the current seeds I have on hand which was my F1 generation back crossed onto an original parent. Now rather than making a Bx2 and backcrossing again I am working the Bx1 line by crossing Bx1 x Bx1 which I think makes F2. Since these aren’t seeds for sale and just personal use it really doesn’t matter but I felt it was useful to abide by the proper nomenclature for future reference rather than trying murkily to describe my process in the future
I just enjoyed some Purple Canyon, so thinking about it was bindmending. :rofl: But I would call it F2 also, I think. Or Bx1F2 which is probably made up but I'd remember it.

I might feel different about it later when I get back to sea level. I think differently down there. 🏔️

I think it's f2 unless you're using the same pollen as the original f1, then it's a BX. Back cross is crossed to an original parent, and with autos that's gotta be saved male pollen. Technically I think what you got going on is IBL f2 (inbred line)

RBFxBernadette day 1
36/41 so far on Bernadette, some in that count are just visible at the surface peeking so might be hard to see in the photo
And 1/1 on RBF solo in the purple EBJr.
2AD50805-AFE5-4478-8685-30ACA5118449.jpeg

Some of you may be familiar with my giant 4x8 raised bed and previous 2x2 bed, today I decided I actually wanted to breed in the raised bed 2x2 and not EBJr’s so I dug out a spot in the basement and rebuilt the 2x2. A few alterations will be made which I’ll post about once done and then I’ll refill it with soil and maybe try to transplant the single RBF and only search out a male donor from the EBJr Bernadette’s. Clearly half thunk through stoned ideas.
This is what I see when a rake away the stones and lift the plastic in my basement, rich dark earth, a little pitch forking to fluff it up and it makes a perfect infinite bottom to my raised bed. It’s like growing outdoors inside
4B615B96-C6D0-4436-9A3B-7D9E66EB7C0F.jpeg

DD4A2C8A-D902-4E57-A09B-CAE858B41AC9.jpeg

Day 5 today We had a 100% germination, one of them curled around in the soil and failed though. I tried transplanting RBF, we will see but TBH when I pulled it out there was no main tap and instead a horizontal with three vertical roots, almost as if it hit a dry pocket in the soil and turned to find the good shit. I’ll resow a Root Beer Float if this one doesn’t pick up steam, I mean we are breeding here we can be a little picky. Damn good showing by Bernadette Bx1
185C9007-58B2-4DB7-9767-800FD06B2754.jpeg

Back