Reaction score
FF41660B-840E-49DC-B171-3BB130E0020C.jpeg

Day 36
Fox farm happy frog soil.
pH at 6.2
Temps between 70-83
Humidity 45%
Light 17 inches above canopy.
I gave cal mag once about 2 weeks ago (1/4 strength. Giving big bloom (1/2 strength) every other feeding. Other than that, no nutrients given.
this is my first grow. And it looks like nutrient burn at the tips but have not given much nutrients. Tips of some of the leaves are clawing down as well. I’m wanting to start tiger bloom but hesitant to give nutrients at this time.

View attachment 1566494
Day 36
Fox farm happy frog soil.
pH at 6.2
Temps between 70-83
Humidity 45%
Light 17 inches above canopy.
I gave cal mag once about 2 weeks ago (1/4 strength. Giving big bloom (1/2 strength) every other feeding. Other than that, no nutrients given.
this is my first grow. And it looks like nutrient burn at the tips but have not given much nutrients. Tips of some of the leaves are clawing down as well. I’m wanting to start tiger bloom but hesitant to give nutrients at this time.

Almost sounds like too much Nitrogen when you say clawing and burnt tips? I would cut down on feed and see how she reacts :d5: :goodluck:

That’s what I was thinking. But I haven’t given any nutrients with nitrogen in them. So I’m worried they might be deficient in other nutrients.

That’s what I was thinking. But I haven’t given any nutrients with nitrogen in them. So I’m worried they might be deficient in other nutrients.

Most calmags have a lot of nitrogen in them… What calmag did you use?

Botanicare cal mag 2-0-0

Not saying that is the issue but there is nitrogen in that stuff… 2-0-0 = N-P-K value

Not saying that is the issue but there is nitrogen in that stuff… 2-0-0 = N-P-K value

Yeah I knew that. I just thought it was minimal since I only used it once at 1/4 strength.
I guess I’ll just flush em and hope for the best!

Yeah I knew that. I just thought it was minimal since I only used it once at 1/4 strength.
I guess I’ll just flush em and hope for the best!
I don’t recommend flushing soil I would just water low ppm water ones to 6.4

I know this statement starts out about FFOF but HF is very similar.. This is what @Mañ'O'Green says about flushing soil
FFOF is Soil and you cannot successfully flush soil it often makes matters worse. Soil has elements like Dolomite lime and other rock hard sources of nutrients that the soil microbes break down into the ionic forms the plant can uptake. Flushing washes away all of the available soluable nutrients along will most of the living microbes but leaves behind the solid forms of nutrients totally out of balance. You have no way of knowing what is in the pot and no way of determining what to add back in to try to get the balance back. You simply do not have enough time to get the soil healthy again before the plants are done. :goodluck:

It could just be me, but the plants look good with an acceptable slight excess of 1 or more nutrients. I don't grow in soil, but perhaps add no nutes in the feed water and foliar feed any presumed needed nutes (such as perhaps part-2 MegaCrop with no N)?

I don’t recommend flushing soil I would just water low ppm water ones to 6.4

I know this statement starts out about FFOF but HF is very similar.. This is what @Mañ'O'Green says about flushing soil
FFOF is Soil and you cannot successfully flush soil it often makes matters worse. Soil has elements like Dolomite lime and other rock hard sources of nutrients that the soil microbes break down into the ionic forms the plant can uptake. Flushing washes away all of the available soluable nutrients along will most of the living microbes but leaves behind the solid forms of nutrients totally out of balance. You have no way of knowing what is in the pot and no way of determining what to add back in to try to get the balance back. You simply do not have enough time to get the soil healthy again before the plants are done. :goodluck:
Ah makes sense. Wouldn’t have thought of that.

Back