Grow Mediums Nutrients and Additives Needed?

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, I'm new to hydro and new to Autos, so if anyone has a moment, I could use a little guidance.

Current nutrients I have are a A & B mixture for Grow and Bloom. One additive I have is essentially a bud booster/hardener. The other can be used in hydro or as a foliar spray; it is for silica.

I'm assuming at the very least I'll need a root stimulator and something that keeps the water/pipes clean in between cleanings. Are there any recommendations? I've been looking at a product called H2O2, but am unsure if it covers my needs. If I'm totally forgetting anything, please let me know! Any help is much appreciated.

Note: The hydro system I will be using is an Autopot (4 x 3.9 gallon pots).

H2O2, that's hydrogen peroxide...... It'll completely sterilise and bleach your medium, unless it's just a product name.....I wouldn't call H2O2 an additive or booster....

I run Autopots too, but I don't consider it a hydro system. It's completely different from hydro, being just a very clever bottom fed system that feeds off a reservoir where there resolution remains static in nutrients, for all piratical purposes, whereas hydro means feeding from a resolution that changes in nutrient contents and composition, thus the changes in pH and EC.

Personally I used mainly the GHE product lines, with Florakleen and Ripen as extras. I also use Cannazyme, Rhizotonic and Cannaboost. I always use Diametoruos Earth (DE) in the top 5 cm together with neem cake, as a combined prevention of pests and supplier of silicone. Works for me, haven't seen a single bugger since starting that and I grow with the window open year round.....

I've used Drip Clean and Keep it Clean for line deposits, but don't really know if it makes any difference, at least with the present nutes. I blow the lines once a month or so with an airpump just to be on the safe side, takes less than a minute.
I also always use a surfactant, or wetting agent, at the moment Bio-Nova's Freeflow. I like to think, probably wishfully, that it helps with keeping the lines clear, apart from its other benefits.

Just one take on a question with many different answers.

Last edited:
Back