Lighting Off the Shelf Screw in LED Bulbs as a Viable Alternative

And as for leavenng on the diffuser you get almost 2 times the lumens with the diffuser off than leaving it on. If any thing cut the diffuser half off so you get a sort of reflector sending more light down I have not tyres that but read of others that have

Oh, FWIW I had the boards, the scrap of extension cord, and the roll of wire already, so my total costs for the 170W rig was under $50 US for the bulbs, fixtures, and some hardware. I made two separate 85W units so I could mix and match as needed. I have about 2 hours labor in the build and one hour shopping. I'm not sure that anybody anywhere is selling LED photons that cheaply right now.

Oh, FWIW I had the boards, the scrap of extension cord, and the roll of wire already, so my total costs for the 170W rig was under $50 US for the bulbs, fixtures, and some hardware. I made two separate 85W units so I could mix and match as needed. I have about 2 hours labor in the build and one hour shopping. I'm not sure that anybody anywhere is selling LED photons that cheaply right now.
Got pics of the light set.

Would you mind testing some of the led light bars for cars and trucks. My current set up is a blurple 485 wall watt led 2 44 inch 12v light bars 2 20 inch light bars. Im pushing 600watts to all light bars. Verified with ohm meter using only length of stock wiring. I know 12v drops depending on length of wire. But im having good luck out of mine.

$30 600w led 12v power supply
$50 44inch bar
$50 44inch bar
$25 20inch bar
$25 20inch bar
$60 led blurple
$10 pvc frame
IMG_20180318_142321.jpg

The little light up front is a 14w LED with the bulb portion removed. The plant directly under it is a GG#4 bagseed, one gallon soil, one light, a pint jar full of incredibly frosty buds. I'd take a picture of the finished bud, but I smoked the last of it this morning:smoking:. If you've got a dark spot in the tent that needs filling in, this is the most cost effective option.
20171105_095638.jpg

I need a taller enclosure, I'm getting a little bit of fox tailing late in the bloom because of the abundance of light.

That bud I posted had massive foxtails at the end of it's life.... but I liked them :eyebrows:

This just in. I harvested 2 photo. WOS Wild Thais under 4-100W equiv.LED, 2-100W Equiv. CFL obtained at Home Depot . I swapped out 2 LEDs to CFLs because of cool night time temps in Feb. - Mar. I also left the diffusers on. This is all in a small grow box. Anyhow. the yield was poor but the plants progressed throughout their lifecycle perfectly . The next test will be in Summer and will be all H.D. LEDs diffusers off. WOS Colombian Gold.

Attachments

• Harvest.jpg
    Harvest.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 401
You've gotta have those smaller LEDs right down on top of em.

Back