Lighting Off the Shelf Screw in LED Bulbs as a Viable Alternative

I guess it was just coincidence when I tried ots LEDs for the 1st time. I had pulled the diffractiors off and had 'em pretty close to the plants. It must have been a freak genome of some White Widow because the leaves came out all albino then greened up a bit. C- crop that time. Then I read somewhere that LEDs should be 18" away. I suppose that was referring to those fancy grow LED panels. Always learning, thanks for the advice.

Still growing strong, I'm already thinking about my next screw in upgrades. I'm thinking about switching from a wood frame to 3" pvc with sockets inset so I can pull air through it.

One thing for sure, I'm buying more cheap led bulbs to stash awau for next build.

Check this out, is this not PERFECT to hang in a small tent. Heck, this would fit in a space bucket. Hirate 7 in 1 LED splitter on amazon, rated for 175 W

613wyutN2TL._SX679_.jpg

Hi...as per my knowledge the blue's are much more vibrant than an incan blue, but it still looks great. They have a smooth finish to the bulbs, vs a faceted finish you find on most M5 LED's. One thing you might want to look for are "T5" bulb LED's. They typically have that smooth incan-like bulb finish, but unfortunately, finding them in individual colors is difficult.

Hi all, here's my recent (today) build. It's 16 100W off-the-shelf LED lights at 3000K. I was able to pick them up for $1.25 per bulb.

IMG_0069.jpg

Check this out, is this not PERFECT to hang in a small tent. Heck, this would fit in a space bucket. Hirate 7 in 1 LED splitter on amazon, rated for 175 W

613wyutN2TL._SX679_.jpg
Great threat overall. I have one of these 7 way splitters and a cheap 600w equivalent grow light and plants under them are happy.

Hey all, I’m just about to finish my first grow with my homemade, off-the-shelf LED light. I’ll post the yield from the two plants in here.

Does anybody else have yield numbers from growing with their off-the-shelf LED light creations? It would be interesting to compare numbers.

So from my first grow with my off-the-shelf light, I was able to get 93.5 grams from two plants under 224 actual watts. Not the best g/w ratio, but I’m happy with the results.

Back