Mephisto Genetics One Last Grow: Mephisto's Wedding, Chemdogging & Strawberry Nuggets

Update day 59
So I was checking out the girls earlier today and I noticed a couple finger leave ends resting on a lower bud of the Chemdogging. I haven't been noticing any strong odors until I decided to smell the end of my finger. Man or man, she's such a stinker! Strong gas smell, (even stronger than CDLC), but with sweet candy undertones. I've been using both Terpinator, and then Purpinator for all my grows, but I've never had anything that's smelt this strong. It almost reminds me of a FB Blackberry from many years ago, (before they crossed it with the cat piss pheno). It had a strong, almost a jet fuel like smell. So when I got home a little while ago, I decided to give the Mephisto's Wedding a finger funk test. She reminds more of the CDLC that we all know and love! Hopefully, they will finish strong as I haven't noticed any more leaf neurosis and my ph was a little high, (6.5), before today's feeding, but I had 3 gallon of nutes mixed up that were 5.9. So adding that got the res down to 6.3 and I have another 3 gallons standing by, just in case. Strawberry Nuggets is doing ok and there are a few side branches starting to make themselves known. PPMs are 660. Lights are hanging @ 18 inches running 24/7. Temps are running around 79 and the humidity is around 50%. Here's some pics I took with the lights out. I believe they come out a little better, but I have trouble finding them in the dark sometimes! :rofl:
Anyways, thanks for stopping by and happy growing! :bighug::peace::pass:

Mephisto's Wedding
IMG_-mw-20230124_174227.jpg

IMG_20230124_172035.jpg

Chemdogging
IMG--CD-_20230124_173835.jpg

IMG_20230124_172028.jpg

Strawberry Nuggets
IMG-sn-_20230124_171910.jpg

Update day 66
The girls have been chugging along stacking on bud, with no further signs of any deficiencies. However, the Chemdogging has been wanting to get her fade on for the last few days. I gave all the ladies one more round of Sensizym on day 61 and another dose of Recharge on day 63. I've cut out the silica, and I reduced Cal/Mag+ back to 3ml per gallon. Flora-bloom has also been reduced to 5ml per gallon, and SM-90 @ 2ml per gallon. I also add 2ml of Sta-clean to the 3 gallons of mixed nutrients. I've also cut out the Terpinator, but there was still some left in the res that gets diluted every time I top it off. Temps are 79 F. and humidly is around 50%, but I'm thinking about dropping it to 40% to combat any potential mold/mildew during final flower. I've only giving the girls approx 10 different rounds of darkness at varying lengths, but most were for 6 hours when we were having a temporary warm spell. I finally started venting the grow outdoors again, but recently changed it back with the current cold spell, lol. So I took some pics, but only dimmed the lights about 75%. Hopefully, these are better and thanks for stopping by! :peace: :pass:

Up first is Mephisto's Wedding, (aka the big girl)
IMG_-mw-20230131_194253.jpg

IMG-MW-_20230131_195434.jpg

Next up is Chemdogging, (aka stinky girl)
IMG-cd-1-_20230131_194237.jpg

IMG_-CD-20230131_195406.jpg

Finally, we have the Strawberry Nuggets, (aka mutant runt) :rofl:
IMG_-sn1-20230131_194212.jpg

IMG_-sn2-20230131_194223.jpg

Here's a pic of the drip emitters working, I had to open up the emitters for MW and close off the CD as she's not drinking as much as her neighbor.
IMG_20230131_194304.jpg

Also, I thought I would pay homage to my Motown roots with a song from my childhood!

Last edited:
Update day 69, (my fav number :rofl:)
I've noticed the Chemdogging, (aka Stinky Girl), has really slowed down her fluid consumption. So last night I decided to check her out with a scope and I'm seeing about 20% amber trichs. In anticipation, I had already mixed up 4 gallons of reduced nutrients, (2ml of Flora-bloom per gallon), and I fed her a gallon of it. But first, I moved her 2 drip emitters over to the Mephisto's Wedding, (aka Big Girl). The current plan is to fertigate her with the reduced feed for the next 3 days and then go to straight H2O for 5 - 7 days. I was also able to grab a few pictures with the 2 biggest girls pulled apart where you can see how big they both are. I didn't attempt to move Big Girl, but Stinky Girl felt pretty heavy when I slid her over! Sorry I didn't get a shot of Strawberry Nuggets, (aka Mutant Runt), as she had been removed to make room. I also forgot to dim the lights down to 75%, so picture quality is lacking. Thanks for stopping by and happy growing! :peace: :pass:

Up first is 3 pics of Big Girl
IMG_20230202_225639.jpg

IMG_20230202_225648.jpg

IMG_20230202_225701.jpg

3 pics of Stinky Girl
IMG_20230202_225715.jpg

IMG_20230202_225729.jpg

IMG_20230202_225736.jpg

Here's one of my favorite songs from my youth. Back in the day when I first took acid, this was one of my go too jams!

Thanks for the slap @throxic :d5: It is much appreciated! :pass:

Well done! Even those lower buds hiding in the shadows look pretty nice. ( the ones you can see on Big Girl)
I usually clear out the lower shoots to allow better air flow, but I see what your seeing and I think I'm going to harvest the tops first and let the lower buddage ripen up some. I'm in no hurry to harvest as I plan on starting another run on April 1st, along with a bunch of veggie seeds, (especially tomatoes). Lot's of people grow gardens around here and I think they will be even more popular now that food prices have skyrocketed. So I plan on making some extra cash selling plants this spring! I got everything I need, so why not grow something besides weed, (or with weed in my case.). :pass:

Idk if I have ever seen anything crossed with CDLC get that size - great work!
Thanks for those very kind words brother! :pighug: Truth is I get lucky sometimes, because I usually do something to fuk thing up. Most times, my plants have to start looking shitty before I even realize there's a problem! :crying: Although they can put on some size with coco/perlite and bigger pots. This is only my 2nd run using 5 gallon pots and my first try went by without a hiccup, with a total harvest of 33 ozs from 3 pots. The smallest of the 3 was a CDLC, (my fav), and she weighed 9 1/2 ozs, (CDLC is a regular in my grows for the last 4+ years and I'd sometimes get 6 - 7 ozs using 3 gallon pots). I dream of growing a 1 pound plant, but I honestly don't have the height in my grow space, (mid-flower I had to change the factory hangers to shorter chains for a few extra inches during Big Girl's stretch). Plus, I know I would have to go to a 7 or even 10 gallon pots to have a decent chance and that would cut my plant total to 2 ... and I do like a little more variety. Thanks again and happy growing! :peace: :pass:

Update day 73
This grow has been a kind of weird for me between the weather and different starting dates.. I always take a 2 month break from growing in the summer and I usually start my new grows around Sept. 1, but this year I took an extended break and I started this grow around the 3rd week of November, (venting my grow exhaust outdoors). Big cold snap in December and I had to change the ducting to vent to the non-heated adjourning room. January warm-up and I'm venting outside again, because the adjourning room gets too hot and that's where my grow pulls air from. Cold spell last week with temps in the teens and I'm venting indoors again. Last couple days the temps are in the mid 60s, so I'm venting outside again. At least I got the vent pipe already ran and all I have to do is change out the ducting @ the exhaust fan. I guess it turned out to be a positive thing, because the last time I changed it to venting indoors I could tell that my carbon filter was no longer working. :yoinks: :doh::nono: With temps back in the 60s again, I'm thinking that I'll change the filter and switch the ducting back to vent outside at the same time. I had added a metal bar near the exhaust to provide a more secure support for my lights and it left a very tight space for changing the carbon filter. Unbeknownst to me, I had used a Vivosun filter, (instead of the usual iPower), and when I tried to slide the iPower in the space I discovered that it was too big! :wall::wall::wall: So yesterday I ended up having to remove all my wiring, breaker strips and environment controls that had been wrapped and hanging off the old shower curtain rod. Then by removing the rod, I was able to get the new filter in place. Thankfully, my VA doctor prescribed me some Valium a couple weeks ago or I would have surely gotten very frustrated and pissed off during the process! :hump: I've also been noticing a lot of leave curling inwards on Mutant Runt, (like she was getting too much light), and since I had to remove the TS-100 that was over her to change out the carbon filter ...., I decided to replaced it with 2 AutoCobs, (1 overhead, and I got the other cocked at an angle on the old shower side where's there no mylar).

Anyways, sorry for the rant The girls are doing pretty good! Stinky girl is still on her reduced feed and looking very close to being ready. I believe I'll start flushing with straight H2O tomorrow, (she had been getting the 2ml of Flora-bllom & Cal/Mag+ per gallon)! I'm still seeing new pistils on Big Girl, so her nutes, (along with Mutant Runt), will stay the same! Here's some pics and thanks for stopping by!

Mephisto's Wedding aka Big Girl
IMG-MW-_20230207_011517.jpg

IMG-MW-_20230207_011601.jpg

Chemdogging aks Stinky Girl
IMG-CD-_20230207_011456.jpg

IMG_-CD-20230207_011544.jpg

Strawberry Nuggets aka Mutant Runt
IMG-SN--_20230207_011443.jpg

IMG=SN-_20230207_011531.jpg

I tried to get a pic of the two biggest girls together!
IMG-Pic-_20230207_011752.jpg

Update day 80
Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I got some type of crud that got down in my lungs and now when I try to cough, it hurts like a mf-er. On to the plants..... For the 2nd time this grow I lost all the mixed up nutes in my res! :nono: Yep, forgot to turn off the shutoff valve. First time was early flower and the res got emptied on 2 plants! I didn't notice any negative effects that time, but this time all the nutes went to 1 plant, (MW), and now she's showing lots of foxtailing! :doh: I hadn't fertigated her since the drowning until last night, (approx 24 hours since res was emptied). I've also cut her nutes by half, (2 1/2 ml of Flora-bloom per gallon .... same feed for SN). Chemdogging has been getting H2O along with 2ml of Cal/Mag+, and 2ml of SM-90. I also use Perpinator in place of PH down when needed! I'm seeing plenty of cloudy trichs on Chemdogging, but no amber yet. Because of the warm days, I put the lights on a timer between 12 noon and 4pm. So no pics to show right now. Hopefully, I will feel better later and get some posted then. Thanks for stopping by and happy Valentines day! :dancer::pass:

Update day 82
Nothing new to report, except one odd thing. For the first time since I've been using Silica Blast, one of the side branches of Big Girl, aka Mephisto's Wedding, has flopped over against the wall. Could be because this is the first grow that I quit using Silica Blast around day 60, I usually use until flush time. Or just maybe .... she got so heavy the SB just wasn't enough to keep her upright! That's probably just wishful thinking! :rofl:
Also, the emitters on Big Girl seem to be about 1/2 clogged, but I got them opened up more and now they are working fine. I'd say she still has a week or two to go. Now Stinky Girl, aka Chemdoggy, has been flushed with RO water, (with 2ml per gallon of Cal/Mag+), for the last 3 days, but still no amber trichomes ... lots of cloudy though! Poor Mutant Runt, aka Strawberry Nuggets, never had much of a chance, especially after I cut her nutes a few days ago to be able to use the same feed as Big Girl. It''s harder to get a decent pic now, since I can't dim the AutoCobs like the TS-100. So I took some dark pictures with a flash, from my cheap i-phone. I did reduce the brightness prior to taking them and I think they came out a little better this time! Anyways, thanks for stopping by and happy growing! :peace::pass:

Big Girl
IMG=mw-_20230216_120453.jpg

IM-mw2-G_20230216_120603.jpg

Stinky Girl aka Chemdoggy
IMG-cd1-_20230216_120510.jpg

IMG-cd2-_20230216_120546.jpg

Finally Mutant Runt, aka Strawberry Nuggets
IMG_20230216_120519.jpg

Back