Old Reviews One tent or Two tents?

NebulaNuggets

Doing Without Doing
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a tent here in the next few days and I have room for an 8x4. The bedroom space is about 11x8 with a closet and I am going to use the closet for future considerations. I want to start running autos in the 8x4 for the next year, and most likely only autos. My previous grows have all been photos. SOG mother/clone setup.

So my question is: would it be possible to add a partition to the 8x4 giving me two separate 4x4 spaces or would it be a better idea to just get two 4x4's? I don't need two tents right now, but for future considerations I would like the ability to run half autos and half photos in flower in the same tent.

With the space I have available and the lights I already have I could run three 4x4's if I wanted to. However it would be more work as far as controlling the climates of each space. One 8x4 with all autos now, and adding a partition in the future seems to make the most sense.

I was thinking I could build the partition with 2x4's and tent fabric and stitch velcro into the tent wall for the partition to attach. Easy to just pop it on or off depending on what I have going on.

Let me know what you think! 8x4 or two 4x4's?

Also gonna go with vivosun. Unless you guys can talk me out of it. I figure a tent is a tent. As long as it holds up lights and keeps light from leaking I am cool. Not in the market for a gorilla.

Thanks!

Id go with the 8x4. Once you start growing autos, you'll be hooked. I have a 4x4 and a 2.5 x 2.5. I would much rather have 1 larger tent.

Yeah that's where I am leaning @Yeatster. Down the line I can add a partition, if not I still have another space (closet) that is available to flower autos or photos. I am also used to larger grow spaces. My flowering rooms have almost always been larger areas than 8x4 so it's already going to be an adjustment.

I shudder at the idea of flowering in some of these small spaces I see people using, although I guess autos are a bit smaller. I have a feeling I am going to underestimate how many seeds to pop for my first run and not utilize the space properly since I have always just let my plants go wild in larger spaces. Some LST'ing but that's about it.

I guess I could always add another 8x4 in the future, run two of 'em in the 11x8 bedroom! Gonna be a tight fit! Good thing I am a skinny guy....

I use 4 sq feet per plant minimum ... :pop:

So you are saying I could fill out an 8x4 with two autos? It's been about 4 or 5 good years since my last real grow and I never really had interest in autos back then. My interest in autos only peaked recently. I was always under the impression that ruderalis was a waste of time and effort if you could just run clones non stop. However, I wasn't aware of autos utilizing a 20/4 schedule or what have you. And damn have I been seeing some nice auto grows here that last couple weeks I have been perusing. Seems these guys breeding nowadays have this thing figured out.

I am all in on the autos. I never imagined you could go from seed to harvest in 70 days and have such a nice yield. Off of one auto indoors!
8x4 here we go!

8 x 4 = 32 sq feet / 4 sq' = about 8 plants would be my max for the space... :hookah:

Last edited:
8 x 4 = 32 sq feet / 4 sq' = about 8 plants would be my max for the space... :hookah:

Ahh yes that's more what I was thinking. Doing a lot of math lately getting the grow going and all the ideas floating around my brain.

Been thinking about what I want to run first when my Mephisto order gets here. Def gonna run White Train and prob Toofless Alien and 3BOG. Love a good sativa dom and want to run the White Trains with half my space available. Maybe 3 White Trains devoted to 4x4. The other 16 sq ft I can pack in the 3 bears and maybe an alien or two. Going to get away from soil this round I think as well. Try DWC maybe. Been liking the auto pot grows I have been seeing around these parts as well.

OK soooo..... I know it has been asked a billion times but I gotta ask again.

I am about to place an order for an 8x4. Can't afford/justify the cost of a gorilla so I am looking at a vivosun or apollo.
Order goes in before I go to bed, so you all have 5 or 6 hours to talk me out of the vivosun.

And just in case it matters, the frame is insignificant to me. That can be easily upgraded. As long as it's not plastic.

Back