Dutch Passion Orange Bud and Think Different Organic Run

Susitna

Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eeeyyyes!
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Happy Monday everyone!

Haven't seen any posts for DP Orange Bud for some reason, but I was super excited to see that release.

Just finishing up a run of a bunch of random strains so decided to get some Orange Bud and Think Different to run and see if it's something I want to run this summer outdoor.

In Alaska so I don't get much time in the summer lol, and auto's are pretty much my only option.

Going to run these along side some Mephisto strains in some local organic soil that I've had good luck with in the past.

So here goes, beans in the water!

20220307_165211.jpg

IMG_20220307_143155.jpg

IMG_20220307_143358.jpg

Last edited:
3 of 4 showed themselves yesterday, still no signs of life from Orange Bud though, not even a tail. Going to have to soak another bean...only have 3 so its kind of disappointing, wouldn't be so bad if I could order direct. Just never know what condition beans you're getting from seed banks.
20220312_141448.jpg

Update time!

Finally got an Orange Bud seed to germ lol, barely got its seed shell to the surface and stopped. Helped it out after a while and it opened up.

Don't think I've ever had a seed open literally at the soil surface..
20220319_180515.jpg

So day 1 for Orange Bud and Day 7 for the rest. Got them all put into their forever homes. 5gal cloth pots:
20220319_180432.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

I love the TD. Never regretted growing it. Thats why I am now restarting with that strain after a hiatus of about 10 years. I am a few days ahead in my grow and she just impressed me again how water hungry she is. Any other plant would be overwatered and she still wants more.
Have fun with it!

Little update!

Think Different was topped and is still exploding so she got a trim today. Also took a couple cuttings (yes you can clone autos).
20220412_124248.jpg

Orange Bud is speeding up as well, got a trim of some lowers but that's all for now..
20220412_124254.jpg

Happy 420!

Orange Bud got another trim, fan leaves are friggin huge. Cabbage plant :crying:

Before:
20220418_110750.jpg

After:
20220419_102605.jpg

Think Different has started flower and is getting big:
20220419_102348.jpg

20220419_102612.jpg

Think Different clones are still rooting, but so far about average for an auto at 8 days from cut.
20220420_184055.jpg

Took a couple from Mango Smile at the same time, and she's the fastest rooting auto I've ever seen lol
20220420_184044.jpg

That's it for now, stay lifted!

oookeeey...I was off nearly 10 years...but clones of autos...interesting, whats the purpose and whats the outcome/experience?

Give me a clue on why someone whould do this? Why do you do that?

oookeeey...I was off nearly 10 years...but clones of autos...interesting, whats the purpose and whats the outcome/experience?

Give me a clue on why someone whould do this? Why do you do that?

Honestly I just can't help myself when I cut off a nice branch :crying:

But there's a couple reasons I take them besides that.
1. Extra bud!
2. Breeding

You have to take cuttings before they start flower to really make it worth it. So, if the strain or growing conditions make it flower before it's big enough to take a decent cutting then it's kinda pointless.

The lower branches make better cuttings since they are less hormonally mature and tend to veg longer before starting flower. That branch will usually make a bigger bud as a plant than it would if left in the dark undersides of the mother.

For Breeding they are handy because it gives you another option besides ruining a nice plant with sts or cs when reversing for pollen. Also lets you see the potential of the mother as a female while using the clone for pollen since a reversed plant usually looks wierd lol. Helps when trying to decide which plant to use for crosses.

Also, while you can pollinate a single branch on the mom for seeds and not ruin the rest of the bud, you end up having to stagger the harvest because the buds are usually ripe before the seeds. With a couple clones you can keep them elsewhere and reverse one, let it pollinate the other and just do its thing as the seed plant.

Sorry for the convoluted answer lol, hope it helps

Back