Question on timing and self-reversal

I have a bit of experience reversing plants for S1 seeds and crosses. More with photoperiod plants, but I have successfully reversed about 5 or 6 autos. My method is pretty easy actually. I am of the belief that it is beneficial to start applying (I use colloidal silver 50ppm) the chemical of choice to the selected areas of the plant about 5 days before the plant starts it's flowering cycle. Since this varies with different auto strains I will start with multiple seeds of the same auto strain. The first one I grow I document it's grow noting when I first see the plant showing it is ready to start flowering. Then when I grow the second seed of this same strain I have a very good idea when to start treating the plant to reverse it.

So if the first plant starts to flower on day 32 I'll begin applying the CS to the selected branch between days 25 and 27 and continue to do so every day right before lights out until I see a good number of male pollen sacks on the treated branch.

Now I have asked a whole lot of auto growers to share with me what they would say is a good number to use as the average days it takes an auto to start flowering. The number most often given was 30 days. SO in the event I had only ONE seed of a strain and wanted to reverse the plant to make seeds I would start applying the Colloidal Silver at about day 23 or 24 to be safe. I also do not spray the CS on to the plants for a couple reasons. First I'm old, poor, and on a fixed income so I'm not going to waste the CS spraying leaves and air. I also feel like the 50ppm Colloidal Silver I use damages the leaves so I brush it on with a generous sized artist's paintbrush starting at the main stalk of the plant and brushing it on the entirety of the branch paying extra attention to the nodes. I have always read it works better when the lights are out so I apply it right at lights out for the plant. I set an alarm on my phone to go off each night 5 or 6 minutes early so I can get the CS applied.

I have a thread that is current where I am growing an Original OG Kush auto plant. If things work out it is my plan to reverse this plant for seeds. Feel free to drop in and say hello and follow along. Hope you have a great weekend and that this post helps at least one person. And if you're looking for Colloidal Silver that you can be sure it works here is a photo of what I use. Get a very small dark colored glass bottle and only put enough in it to treat the one plant. You can refill obviously as necessary. I keep the big bottle in a black sock in a dark closet to store it.
View media item 23359

Back