Over Dried

NamasteDaze

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
So sad, one plant was salvaged, it smells fine and flavors/smells improved after 6 week cure. The other plant was smaller and does not smell good.....
Question - can I slavage this somehow? dry-sift hash or edibles?

Tried to salvage the cure with 62% boost bags, worked on one plant.

Attached are usb microscope photos; thinking the trichomes are intact. Overall, the flowers were amazing, sticky, dense, but don't have a great smell. The flowers were 55-52% when they placed into Grove bags with the boost packs. initially, over several days the humidity climbed up to 62% and has held for around 8-9 weeks.
@pias appreciate the lettuce trick, orange peels are what I would use. back in the day to help add moisture to flowers that were dry. It worked for the larger plant, smells are improved, especially grinded flower very sticky, the smaller plant.

Attachments

• 20240325_10_09_30.png
    20240325_10_09_30.png
    638 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20240325_100726464.jpg
    PXL_20240325_100726464.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
The bud and trichomes look good. Particularly if you are smoking (vs. vaping) the buds, any undesirable odor you smell in a bag/contaIner may not be noticeable when burned. And you can always lightly scent the buds, for ex. as you cited seal them up along with orange peels; or just keep venting the container regularly as the buds presumably continue curing and hope that particular odor goes away.

If it doesn't smell good, it might not make for great hash or edibles. Maybe try both and see which one works out better. And boosting with the bags sounds like a good call.
That was my thought, but honestly unsure. WIll updated as I attempt to do some dry-sifting hash and edibles. Will attempt edibles first and continue to hold out hope that the smells will improve with additional curing.

Back