Indoor Paulg does Jean-o…..genetics

paulg

Welcome to the CannaZone
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
All things Twisted Tree
I’m starting a new grow journal for some J-O-G Rootbeer Float and Strawdog. Here’s my basic set up:

Mars-hydro 2.3x2.3 tent
TS1000 LED
Vornado humidifier
ceramic heater
Inkbird controll
GroBuckets
Fish tank pump for areation

Im morphing my BioBizz Lite soil to organic soil using:
earthworm castings
frass
nematodes
Build a Soil Craft Blend
home compost
DynaMyco
Bud Candy, Molasses and Hydroguard

I scarified one of each seeds. The Strawdog (SD) has yet to pop. I’ll give her another day. The Rootbeer Float popped and is on her way. Weekly updates to follow!

IMG_3689.jpeg
IMG_3688.jpeg
IMG_3696.jpeg
IMG_3697.jpeg
image.jpg

Rootbeer Float day 1! I started a second Strawdag. It popped in less than 48 hours. The first SD still won’t pop. It’s a beautiful looking seed. Another life lesson, some things just aren’t meant to be, LOL.
IMG_3715.jpeg

Journal Disclaimer: I’m a believer in journaling each grow. It provides useful information and a record of successes and failures for future grows. It also helps give other growers ideas. I feel like I’ve refined my techniques and want to document it in one place (here!). So, for this journal my plan is to fully document my approach. You may recognize some of these photos from my other journals (probably not,LOL) but this will make for a more complete journal of my grows. Thx

Week 1: for this installment I’ve included pics of my lo/no stress container. I’ve had great success starting my seedlings this way. The big benefit for me is, I can have a plant mature to three maybe four weeks before transfer to the grow bucket. In my small tent, overlapping grows requires space management. These containers help me achieve just that. I’ve never seen any kind of stress when transplanting to the final destination.
The second Strawdog popped within 48 hours. I’ve started to plant the seeds in dirt as soon as the root has shown itself. I don’t want to chance damaging the root when transplanting.

thanks for stopping by, see you next week!
IMG_3716.jpeg
IMG_3726.jpeg
IMG_2070.jpeg
IMG_1878.jpeg

IMG_2088.jpeg

@Jean-O

A little early for my weekly update. I’ll be away for a few days, so I thought this would be a good opportunity. The girls are looking fine. I’ve been putting them outside in the sun but mostly diffused light each day. I’ve added a little water to the edges of the container. I’ve added some pics showing my water prep. My tap has chloramines and a stable pH. So, I have my recipe down to 1/2 gram per gallon vitamin C to keep the pH around 6.6. No need to check the pH each time. That’s plenty of VC to remove the chloramines. I also add Hydroguard at 2ml/gallon.
Thanks for stopping by. Happy growing!

IMG_0271.jpeg
IMG_3734.jpeg
IMG_3733.jpeg
IMG_3741.jpeg
IMG_3738.jpeg
IMG_3739.jpeg

Week 2: seedlings coming along nicely. I’ve been giving them full sun daily. Just enough water to keep the soil moist. Another day or two and I’ll move them to the tent.
For this weeks installment,I’m including a pic of my soil prep. I’m addition to the products shown I’ve added home compost, earthworm castings, plant roots and leaves, nematodes and a little 420 Bloom mix (I’m trying to use it up!). The soil is dark, light and fluffy.
Thanks for stopping by! Stay tuned
IMG_3776.jpeg
IMG_3775.jpeg
IMG_3766.jpeg

Last edited:
Week 3: both plants looking healthy. I’m getting ready to move them to the tent, as soon as I can get some space opened up.
They will be transplanted into GroBuckets. Here’s a few pics to document that process.
Thanks for stopping by!
IMG_3786.jpeg
IMG_2965.jpeg
IMG_2966.jpeg
IMG_2967.jpeg
IMG_2968.jpeg

Back