Indoor Paulg’s Jean-O rama

Indoor grow

paulg

Welcome to the CannaZone
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
All things Twisted Tree
Well, I’m back at it after a short break! I had great success growing Strawdog last time. So, I’m excited to do a full J-O run of Strawdog, Rootbeer Float and CBD Haze (a freebie). My tent is small (2.3x2.3), but my heart is big. I’m a GroBucket fan. So, three in the tent is very cozy. I’m working on my organic growing techniques. I’ve spent some effort building the soil: Build a Soil Craft Blend, red wigglers, nematodes, homemade compost and a bunch of other stuff. Soil is nice and rich. Build a Soil sent me a bag of clover mix by accident. Based on Wild Bill’s advice I’ve added some to each bucket. Normally, I’d start the seedlings in no-stress containers but for this run I’m using Root Riot cubes direct into the GroBuckets. I wont be topping this time, per J-O’s advice. Off we go!

@Jean-O , @WildBill
IMG_4526.jpeg
IMG_4524.jpeg
IMG_4531.jpeg
IMG_4547.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't know about Strawdog, but you should be fine with CBD Haze.
You're definitely gonna have to be on your toes to to control RBF!
I think she's a fairly heavy feeder, but you can overcome that easily. But you need be very attentive to her though on that aspect.
Now, I think the real challenge with RBF will be in controlling her! When I topped her, she must have really spread out the hormones! She jumped up like crazy! All those branches turned out to be big colas, That would have been much bigger if I had not got behind on her feeding needs. Very good chances she'll need support.
Now I really can't tell you which would be the better route to go of topping or not to top. You might wanna get some advice from @Jean-O on this aspect. You sure as hell won't be disappointed in the buds! It's damn good smoke!!!!

CBD Haze Is excellent powerful medicine! I have a woman using infused MCP oil with that girl as one of the sources. It definitely helps her pain and lets her sleep much better! It also works damn good for me.

It's gonna be challenging in the exact same tent that I have! I think you can do it though! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Good luck with the grow. Which version of RBF are ya growing? I have an S2 in the tent ready to harvest this coming weekend, and I have two packs of the F4 version for my spring grow. The RBF smell is so unique, and very nice smoking.

Looking great! Looking forward to the journey. :pop::hookah:

F4 here. Not really sure of the difference. I’ll have to read up on it!

Week 2
CBD-Haze and Rootbeer Float are coming along nicely. Strawdog seems to be frozen ,just not taking off. I sacrificed a Duke (Jean-O freebie) and planted it next to SD for some back up insurance. There are a few things I’m going to do differently this time: I got the Photone app and I’m monitoring the DLI, also rather than keeping the GroBucket reservoir full, I’m monitoring the soil moisture level. So far, the bucket has remained moist at the surface with very little water added. Thx for stopping by!
IMG_4551.jpeg
IMG_4552.jpeg
IMG_4553.jpeg
IMG_4554.jpeg

Looking Good man!

I'm pretty sure they will come around here pretty quickly. I think maybe at the beginning of the next run you may want to delay the adding of the water to the reservoir to a little bit later date. Have your media up to a nice moist amount when planting, but water the seedling like you would in a normal pot. Watering right around the plant area in deeply to get the roots to go downward.
It's essentially the same process in Earthboxes. In Juniors, I don't add any substantial amount of water to the reservoir until at least 2 weeks. I water the seedling like it is in a regular pot. The idea is to get the root system better developed and better directed to get that relationship set up with the wicking area much quicker and with more roots.

Watering in this fashion will focus your roots into the area you want them to go. On juniors, I will add maybe 500 milliliters of water to the reservoir to wet the wicking areas. In the junior they are directly underneath the plant to each side.

I don't know how you built your buckets, but if you have a wicking area then they work pretty much like a earthbox. Even if it's not exactly like that, I feel that this method of watering will help you get your girls established much quicker. And with autos that's extremely key with their limited lifespan.

You need some feedback or ask any questions if this is helpful or if you think it would work for this particular setup. I'm always out to learn! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Back