Indoor Paulg’s Jean-O rama

Thanks, great advice!

weekly update: They are coming along but slowly! I’ve been watering the surface with a spray bottle. I also, kicked up the light. The clover sure seems to like it! CBD Haze had a leaf brown out, dunno why. Strawdog is starting to take off. We’ll see where it goes, it’s all an experiment! Thx for stopping by
IMG_4569.jpeg
IMG_4570.jpeg
IMG_4571.jpeg
IMG_4572.jpeg

Just back from a week away. I’m a little perplexed, They just don’t seem to be exploding with growth. Rootbeer Float looks the best and CBD Haze is OK. Strawdog seems seriously stunted. The clover mix is killing it! LOL. I was contemplating deleting this journal, but I think it’s important to share our successes and failures. It seems that there’s something common to all three plants that’s the problem. Could it be the Root Riot starter plugs? It’s the only change that’s different. Maybe the clover? Hmmm… thoughts?
IMG_4586.jpeg
IMG_4587.jpeg
IMG_4588.jpeg
IMG_4589.jpeg

Entering week five. Strawdog bit the dust. I pulled the Root riot cube and saw little root development. I won’t be using them again. RBF and CBD Haze are coming along. I think I went overboard with the clover mix, but it does seem to have helped with water retention. Thanks for stopping by.
IMG_4637.jpeg
IMG_4638.jpeg

I'm an organic grower, but never used any cover. Is it possible they are getting choked out?

I think I went overboard with the clover mix
Not your fault but that stuff looks out of control and is likely taking over the pot.
helped with water retention
It kills me you're struggling, as you helped turn me on to GroBuckets and the SIPs have been a gamechanger for me growing in organic soil only...I germ in water and then plant in final buckets of decent bag soil (soaked) with the reservoir full, then kind of just add decent tap water water periodically until chop. I don't think I've kept anything under a QP, and I've been trying because I want 4 strains at a time in my 2x4 (I have a 4 outlet manifold on my aerator :baked:). Wish I could off some helpful advice on your current situation.

I know you can grow...hopefully things will improve soon :pass:

Thanks @Badfinger , @Mozzy , I’ll take all the encouragement I can get! I haven’t given up on the GroBuckets. I think I erred by changing too many variables. So, I pulled a good amount of the clover. Both plants seem to be picking up steam. The silver lining: I’ve got a shit-ton of weed on hand. So, a small harvest isn’t the end of the world. 🤣

Thanks @Badfinger , @Mozzy , I’ll take all the encouragement I can get! I haven’t given up on the GroBuckets. I think I erred by changing too many variables. So, I pulled a good amount of the clover. Both plants seem to be picking up steam. The silver lining: I’ve got a shit-ton of weed on hand. So, a small harvest isn’t the end of the world. 🤣
Hey u may be on the right track, maybe plant the cover a bit later. I thought everyone just used clover, something low and small.

Entering week five. Strawdog bit the dust. I pulled the Root riot cube and saw little root development. I won’t be using them again. RBF and CBD Haze are coming along. I think I went overboard with the clover mix, but it does seem to have helped with water retention. Thanks for stopping by.
View attachment 1653959View attachment 1653960
I've seen mixed results with the Root riot cubes. I haven't used them since I was cloning over a decade ago so I don't have any input about them. There definitely could be some root competition going on with the companion plants but it doesn't seem like that would be a big issue. It does make things a bit harder to nail down issues when a lot of variables are changed all at once. The plants visibly look healthy which makes nailing down the issue even tougher. It sounds like the decisions you made were definitely in the right direction going without the cubes and lowering how much clover is in the buckets with the plants.

Back