Indoor Paulg’s Jean-O rama

Grow terminated! Several lessons learned:
- root cubes were, I think , the main problem. Postmortem inspection revealed poor root development and some mold on the cubes.
- If it isn't going well , start over. Time is precious, especially with autos.

sorry @jeano , I had hoped to do you better.

Grow terminated! Several lessons learned:
- root cubes were, I think , the main problem. Postmortem inspection revealed poor root development and some mold on the cubes.
- If it isn't going well , start over. Time is precious, especially with autos.

sorry @jeano , I had hoped to do you better.
I was curious to see how it turned out. I had heard mixed results about the cubes for seedlings n never personally used them for anything other than clones. It's all good information though, good or bad results. I get the best germination results with a 24 hr soak then into a paper towel in a plastic bag on a germination heating mat that's how I test the germination then I plant directly into the growing media about a 1/4 inch deep. Going directly into a 5 or 7 gallon pot with a seedling can be tricky to not over water the media and can honestly take a bit of trial and error until you can dial in you grow during seedling stage. I have really grown to love the fabric pots and super light soiless mixture of Pro Mix, coco coir , perlite, and Clay Pellets it helps keep oxygen in the root zones combined with the fabric pots it's almost impossible to over water.
Hopefully you've got a few more beans to try another run with them without the cubes . Sorry things didn't go well here.

Seems the cover crop did great ( direct planting? ) while the root riot cubes failed, maybe too much water retention in the cubes?

Back