Indoor Paulg does Jean-o…..genetics

I have a couple packs of the RBF F4's for this winter, thanks for having one to monitor, I read its a long grow strain. But I enjoyed the first version so much, i want to try this strain. Good luck!

Week 4: I transplanted the girls to GroBuckets and moved them to the tent. Mid week i topped them. Normally, I top at the fifth node and remove the first. This works well for me, I want low bushy plants in my tent. Strawdog was really developing its first node. So, game day decision, I topped at the fourth node. I really only want three strong nodes to LST. Rootbeer Float was topped at the fifth node. So far, Strawdog is winning the development race!

I’m pretty excited about adding aeration to the GroBuckets. My last two grows have been solid. My biggest to date. I think aeration is a big part of that sucess!

the reason I srart my plants in low stress containers is; I can compress my grow schedule. So, as one grow finishes ,I have some seedings ready to go. So far, it’s working well. I’m trying to come up with a plan to start in the buckets, skipping the transplanting. We’ll see….

thanks for stopping by!
IMG_3821.jpeg
IMG_3804.jpeg
IMG_3822.jpeg

A little early for my weekly update. I’ll be away for a few days, so I thought this would be a good opportunity. The girls are looking fine. I’ve been putting them outside in the sun but mostly diffused light each day. I’ve added a little water to the edges of the container. I’ve added some pics showing my water prep. My tap has chloramines and a stable pH. So, I have my recipe down to 1/2 gram per gallon vitamin C to keep the pH around 6.6. No need to check the pH each time. That’s plenty of VC to remove the chloramines. I also add Hydroguard at 2ml/gallon.
Thanks for stopping by. Happy growing!

View attachment 1606559View attachment 1606560View attachment 1606561View attachment 1606562View attachment 1606563View attachment 1606564:pop:
if your a 555 then a 666! The PH pen knows the Heretic Anthem! Nice set up very clean. :pop: Subbed in for this ride!

Bad news: I returned from a five day absence to find Rootbeer Float sporting a hard-on! Bye-bye. Strawdog is doing great. She may look a little droopy but it’s been hot here (everywhere it seems). For now she’s going to be the lone plant in the tent. I had it timed to finish before our overseas trip in October. I’ll have to develop a plan B.
thanks for stopping by!
IMG_3856.jpeg
IMG_3857.jpeg

I don't mean to derail your thread but you've convinced me to switch to GroBuckets next...what do you do about runoff from the weep hole in the buckets, that's one part that I'm not sure how I'll handle yet (planning on ~3-4 of them at a time in a 2x4 tent). It doesn't look like you have saucers or a tray for them at the moment?

They are designed for bottom fill. You learn very quickly how to avoid overfilling. I will sometimes top water if adding amendments but the soil stays moist when bottom watering only. I think adding aeration is the bomb. It adds air ( duh!), but also doesn’t allow anaerobic conditions in the reservoir. I’ve had my biggest harvests yet using this method.

They are designed for bottom fill. You learn very quickly how to avoid overfilling. I will sometimes top water if adding amendments but the soil stays moist when bottom watering only. I think adding aeration is the bomb. It adds air ( duh!), but also doesn’t allow anaerobic conditions in the reservoir. I’ve had my biggest harvests yet using this method.
Thanks...did you bottom fill day one/prep, or also top fill to get the soil wet all the way through too initially?

It looks like you always transplant, and so I assume you also run the aerator from day one now, and 24/7? If so, would you still do that if you started your seeds in the GBs once germinated, since it takes so long for the roots to establish?

I did top water to start. I’m not sure it’s absolutely necessary. The water wicks up from the bottom reservoir very efficiently. One of the reasons GBs work so well for me is they allow me to be away for as long as a week. Of course it depends on the stage your plants are at and how much they are drinking. I’ve found that even if the reservoir is dry the soil will still be moist.
I just leave the air pump on 24/7. It might not be necessary but I don’t see any downside. I‘m planning to start my grows in the buckets and avoid transplanting. Again, I’d just start off with the aeration.
so, I’d recommend giving the GBs a try. I’ll keep an eye out for your grows!

Week 6: she’s really developing some buds but not a lot of height. She’s very healthy, lots of dark green leaves. I’ve been giving her some additional nutes (BioBizz: grow and bloom). I’d like to get underneath the canopy and remove the small leaves and popcorn buds but don’t want to cause any stunting. Maybe in a week or two. I tied nodes three and four down and the canopy looks nice and flat. I’ve included pics from a previous grow to show how I like to train my plants for maximum bud sites.
thanks for stopping by. Comments always welcome!
IMG_3880.jpeg
IMG_3881.jpeg
IMG_3365.jpeg
IMG_3563.jpeg

Week 7: Humming right along. I’m continuing to tie branches down to keep the canopy even. She’s taking all the nutes and water I give her. So, I’ll assume I’m doing something right and hold the course!
thanks for stopping by, happy growing
IMG_3884.jpeg
IMG_3885.jpeg

Back