Pest/mold control outdoor

jack1991

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hey people, im Going to be starting a new autoflower grow outdoors in pots in the garden this year so getting as much information as i can and wanted to know before rather than when its too late.

(before anyone says, I have and always try googling/using the search for info before writing a post, but i cant find a decent specific answer. I know some people on forums get mad at people who dont search lol)

I wanted to know what to use on the plants to prevent any mold or pests, preferably a spray on product or homemade stuff that i can put into a spray bottle. Would want something that is safe to use on the plant in flower and vegging times. And is it safe to get on the bud or not?
I live in the UK so need stuff i can buy/make over here, alot of stuff i have read elsewhere has been american products.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome Jack good to see some more uk outdoor growers getting started. Sorry but i cant recommend any sprays but slug pellets are a must i think, slugs are the most destructive so concerntrate on them. My method is to just grow a few more plants than i need and expect to loose a few to mould and critters. If youve got them in the garden then inspecting them daily is enough, just check thoroughly when they are late in flower and check more if the weather is bad !
Every auto ive grown outdoor has moulded at some stage so if you do find a spray for that then let me know. Good luck and i look forward to the journal.
What strains ?

Hello young Jack, here's a great link with homemade solutions you can make to deter pests

http://wellnessmama.com/2524/organic-garden-pest-control/

Copper wire placed around and near the stem deter slugs as well as diatomicous earth. Also Google beer bottle trap.

As for mold, keep an eye on your plants and remove any dead leaves.

I use plantskydd to keep small animals and deer away.

All the best man!

I will say like Maffro.
Slugs and even small snails are the certain starters for mold.
Keep them away from crawling on your plants.
Another thing i will try this year is to put a clear plastic roof over my plants so the leaves can be more dry even in rainy periods.

Rilla.

Thanks for all your answers people!

For the mould someone said to get hand sanitizer gel and wipe a small bit on the mold and that kills it. It sounds like it would work but im not sure if that would be bad to smoke any buds that have had that wiped on it lol.

Also im still really struggling with what strain to choose from. Basically i dont smoke weed anymore as started getting panic attacks from it so stopped a few years back. But i really want to get stoned again so i thought i would go with a high cbd strain and medium/low thc, hopefully that way i can get high still but the cbd will tolerate the anxiety.

Anyway im quite indecisive but ive managed to narrow it down to a few, please add your own thoughts and stuff.

-tangelo rapido auto
-med gom 1.0
-haze automatic
-sin tra bajo auto
-malana bomb auto

Cheers!

Tangelo rapido ambered up about 30% should do you juuuust fine.ive used it and grown it five times now.its a must for my box man.no panic and lovely euphoric mello clam buzz.not a lot of body but a great blend of the two.and it should give ya a decent 1.5 Oscars dry too.but its slightly tougher to nail a dry n cure.well drying with a few burps and a long cure is best for that strain imo. the haze Auto is goo too along with the Malana Bomb too.but imo just not quiiite as good as the tangelo.

hand sani stuff?yeah i wouldnt use that at all.ever unless i had zero options.liquid soap,kelp liquid and/or a frass make up will cure your problem unless its bad and trhem youll have to use a peroxide spray but irecommend buying something similar to serenade.itll work well with a dual hit too.serande than a day er three later use the kelp n soap spray and that got rid of my nasty PM DM issues with slight buggy dudes too.hope thats helpful bro!!:Sharing One:

Decent, i think i will go with tangelo, its been my fave from the start, barneys farm says there good to go outdoors in hot, temperate or cool climates too so UK is definately cool.

Was on another forum though and somebody said autos are crap outdoors and probs looking at a spliffs worth of dried bud from them and to go with a short flowering time photoperiod instead, what you rekon?

Yea i reKon a spliffs worth is possible ! If you make loads of mistakes or just are plain un lucky then hell yes - a spliffs worth is on the cards but if you do some reading then you aint gona be making mistakes and if you do some more reading your gonna generate some "luck".
Personnaly i grow autos and photoperiods as i like a selection of flavours and highs.

I did and still would go with hydrogen peroxide. That stuff leaves nothing but the plant alive. It's strong stuff so you'll have to dilute it with water, otherwise it'll be overkill. You can spray it on the plant when it's alive as well as treat harvested buds with it just in case there are mold spores/other nasties on it. People even use it as a mouthwash so it's not particularly bad for you.

I had bud rot last summer and H2O2 saved what little I could salvage.

EDIT: Autos can do great outdoors. Don't quote me on this but I think the ruderalis traits just add hardiness.

I did and still would go with hydrogen peroxide. That stuff leaves nothing but the plant alive. It's strong stuff so you'll have to dilute it with water, otherwise it'll be overkill. You can spray it on the plant when it's alive as well as treat harvested buds with it just in case there are mold spores/other nasties on it. People even use it as a mouthwash so it's not particularly bad for you.

I had bud rot last summer and H2O2 saved what little I could salvage.

EDIT: Autos can do great outdoors. Don't quote me on this but I think the ruderalis traits just add hardiness.

Cool man cheers for reply, whered you even get that stuff from though mate? Did you just spray it on the whole plant, and at what sort of dilution ratio we talking like 1:10 water/hydro perox?

Yeh i rekon the autos will be sound outside in the summer over here, its not too bad the weather normally so as long as its same as last year it should be sound :D

Back