PH for amended coco?

FRUMPLEMEIST

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Okay……After watching Mr. Conucks grow and reading some other google confusion I am left with a question?????? Mr. Conuck says in basically all his videos that a PH of 6.5 to 6.8 is recommended for amended coco. Other places are saying in the high 5 to low 6. Being a complete cherry (newb) at growing I watched his videos religiously and then I found AFN. Medium: Coco - Nutrients : Gaia Green

All these websites across the vast area known as the internet for the most part have different answers to this question. Mr.C is a badass grower that’s basically a professional. My only issue is he is the only one that recommends this PH. At the end of the day it’s probably just me being a new grower and the amount of information is absolutely overwhelming. I won’t be going the coco route again after this……I don’t think….About to start the Auto Beast grow. Just got some Gorilla Cookies from 420 Fast Buds all thanks to Multiverse Beans for having them in stock. I got my nutrients , Bio Bizz, and the other ingredients.

Not having any issues that are urgent yet with my coco grow. Starting to get little tiny rust spots on the tips of some leaves. My issue for most of this is me. I have a TBI and get confused easily and lose track of what I was doing. This is why the auto beast grow seems like the one for me. Just a retired vet trying to grow some medicine to get rid of all these pills the VA has me on. Ughhh. Thanks everyone. There was probably a lot of punctuation issues throughout. Take care and enjoy your weekend.

Okay……After watching Mr. Conucks grow and reading some other google confusion I am left with a question?????? Mr. Conuck says in basically all his videos that a PH of 6.5 to 6.8 is recommended for amended coco. Other places are saying in the high 5 to low 6. Being a complete cherry (newb) at growing I watched his videos religiously and then I found AFN. Medium: Coco - Nutrients : Gaia Green

All these websites across the vast area known as the internet for the most part have different answers to this question. Mr.C is a badass grower that’s basically a professional. My only issue is he is the only one that recommends this PH. At the end of the day it’s probably just me being a new grower and the amount of information is absolutely overwhelming. I won’t be going the coco route again after this……I don’t think….About to start the Auto Beast grow. Just got some Gorilla Cookies from 420 Fast Buds all thanks to Multiverse Beans for having them in stock. I got my nutrients , Bio Bizz, and the other ingredients.

Not having any issues that are urgent yet with my coco grow. Starting to get little tiny rust spots on the tips of some leaves. My issue for most of this is me. I have a TBI and get confused easily and lose track of what I was doing. This is why the auto beast grow seems like the one for me. Just a retired vet trying to grow some medicine to get rid of all these pills the VA has me on. Ughhh. Thanks everyone. There was probably a lot of punctuation issues throughout. Take care and enjoy your weekend.
I suggest 5.8 to 6.2 maximum spread, and vary it a bit each time, don't choose one number and fight to get it exact each time. You need to check pH each time you fertigate if doing it manually, and regularly if doing any kind of automatic fertigation. PH often drifts over time, so you need to keep on top of it so it does not sneak out of bounds. One nice thing about coco is that it does not screw with pH as much as peat based soil-less mixes can. If you have not bought a ph meter, you need to, and don't go cheap. The Apera PH60 is a decent tool for as good a price as you are likely to find, and has a replaceable probe. I am just replacing my probe after over two years of use. The meter is still dead accurate, but is getting too slow in finding a stable reading. The cheapie that preceded it lasted about ten days before dying completely.

Also, I suggest not trying to grow in coco with organic nutes. It does not work well for most peeps here that have tried it. If you are doing coco, you are pretty much growing hydroponically, but with physical root support. You would be better off in my opinion going with 2 part Megacrop or another good balanced package for nutes. If you go with Megacrop, @Mañ'O'Green has put together a nice feed schedule that has now been tested repeatedly on the autoflowers we love, and it will work better for you than the Gaia Green stuff. Don't get me wrong, Gaia Green nutes are fine, and I use them, but not in coco. If you have not done so yet, study the material on Cocoforcannabis.com, the operators of the website know their stuff, and have worked out most of the wrinkles.

Good luck with it, and welcome to AFN. :pighug:

I suggest 5.8 to 6.2 maximum spread, and vary it a bit each time, don't choose one number and fight to get it exact each time. You need to check pH each time you fertigate if doing it manually, and regularly if doing any kind of automatic fertigation. PH often drifts over time, so you need to keep on top of it so it does not sneak out of bounds. One nice thing about coco is that it does not screw with pH as much as peat based soil-less mixes can. If you have not bought a ph meter, you need to, and don't go cheap. The Apera PH60 is a decent tool for as good a price as you are likely to find, and has a replaceable probe. I am just replacing my probe after over two years of use. The meter is still dead accurate, but is getting too slow in finding a stable reading. The cheapie that preceded it lasted about ten days before dying completely.

Also, I suggest not trying to grow in coco with organic nutes. It does not work well for most peeps here that have tried it. If you are doing coco, you are pretty much growing hydroponically, but with physical root support. You would be better off in my opinion going with 2 part Megacrop or another good balanced package for nutes. If you go with Megacrop, @Mañ'O'Green has put together a nice feed schedule that has now been tested repeatedly on the autoflowers we love, and it will work better for you than the Gaia Green stuff. Don't get me wrong, Gaia Green nutes are fine, and I use them, but not in coco. If you have not done so yet, study the material on Cocoforcannabis.com, the operators of the website know their stuff, and have worked out most of the wrinkles.

Good luck with it, and welcome to AFN. :pighug:
Appreciate the information. That PH pen you mentioned is what I have. Just got it yesterday.

Appreciate the information. That PH pen you mentioned is what I have. Just got it yesterday.
The Apera is good gear, you will be very happy with it. You need to buy or make some storage solution though, the cap needs to always have clean storage liquid covering the probe while not being used, and don't let the probe tip dry out. If it ain't measuring, it needs to be stored. The glass sensor does not like being dried out.

Good luck with it. :pighug:

Reactions: DOA
Sounds similar to Coco Loco. It's heavily amended and Fox Farms says ph 6.3-6.8.

Reactions: DOA
Back