Growing strange,...
Staff member
AFN Admin
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
fine-ass '22 harvest!
:smokeit: Jean, I'll set it up here for ease of access and such... screen shots will show what's what best!

OK, first thing is to make a new Thread for the Poll. Title it, then say what you need to in the post box, then hit Create thread so it gets it into the forum proper.
-- open up a second window to the thread the pics are at... you'll have the Poll thread tab and the where the pics are tab at the ready.

-- at the Poll thread, look in the upper right corner below the Multiverse banner, just above the post box... see the check box, Watch button, and the 3 dots with down arrow? Hit that and a menu drops down. *(threadmarks and reader mode show up here if applicable)
- select Create poll, and this window shows (using the Comp thread and pic here), yours will be empty of course -->

1682359219682.png

** You may want to open up a window to the old Voting Poll to see where things go in relation to the info boxes above.

a) Question = this is where you'll explain or give instructions on voting

b) Possible responses = as you see, it's just the members name and the cultivar name in the first box

c) the next box is where you drop the link to the pic you want inserted.... this next screen shot shows the pic you want where the pics are at-->
1682359806899.png

-- move your mouse pointer over the pic, and it should show the finger icon (LOL) .... click it and it goes to this viewing screen which likely you already know about --->

1682360101993.png

d) keep mouse pointer over image, and right click the image and a new menu box opens up with Options (doesn't show in the screen shot)
...select copy image link........... *(sometimes this doesn't happen, something to do with the pic source? If so, right clickthe pic as is and the copy image link should show regardless)

e) go to the poll thread and in that box next to their name/cultivar, right click and Paste ... it'll drop the link into there, so when you finish creating the poll and pic insertion, it'll show the pic...

f) rinse, repeat as you see in the first screen shot.

g) next, max. possible responses, basically how many votes members can cast as per your instructions in the Question box.
example: For the Comp pics, recall that both live and dry pics were in that poll, 2 votes allowed for live, 2 for dry, so 4 total
The rest of the Options below that are up to you to set....

In your section, you should be able to access this practice thread even though I created it...

Last edited:
Dope! Thanks a bunch @Waira I actually understood most of that :crying: It was a great journey with lots of good information and beautiful plants! Im looking forward to seeing how the voting turns out...

Dope! Thanks a bunch @Waira I actually understood most of that :crying: It was a great journey with lots of good information and beautiful plants! Im looking forward to seeing how the voting turns out...
Ayuh! ...give it a try right here mate, it's what it's for :thumbsup: ... you cannot fuck anything up in a bad way, so start poking buttons and get familiar with things before you have at it!
Any questions, just holler....

Your Comp thread smashed it
respect.gif
... the growers, the genetics all made for an excellent showcase- :d5: well done!
You can hook that machine up anytime Jean, no need to ask... :eyebrows:

Will I be able to edit the polls if I get things wrong on it? Im getting it all set up now but I'm not exactly positive I'm getting everything right with the final pics and stuff, sadly sometimes I get easily confused lol.... Will I have a chance to check with the comp participants to have them look it over to make sure I have it set up with the right pics and things?

Back