Recipe for Root Rub

That's a great question, I did not really see amounts anywhere. We used a root ball from a 3 gallon bucket, 40" plant with 4 cups of oil. More roots per oil will be stronger......Not sure if thats better. Maybe Root or Eek or TLBWP will hear this

:peace:Use it all

I don't really measure the roots. Depending on how much balm I want to make or how many roots I have.

With keeping my water to oil ratio at 3:1, I want to have as many roots in the pot as possible while making sure the roots are submerged.

To be honest, I have made root balm with very little amount of roots and it was still very effective.

I am the same...I use as much root matter as possible...I have made some with as little as a cup of chopped roots to 1/2 cup of coco nut oil and some with as much as a 3ltr container of chipped roots...I am yet to do some experiments to work out a ratio...hopefully this year as I have a bucket of rootmatter aside for the experiment...
I have on occasion redone the oil with sequential batches of roots and it has resulted in the strongest most effective balm I had made to date.

LB

So you can make more than one run and concentrate the oil even more. Thanks Good to know.

I wonder if freezing the oil would help? It really helps when preparing the oil for edibles.

I have noticed no real difference when freezing using roots, but have using leaf, and bud......The main component from the roots are alkaloids.

LB

One more Question if you please, 7 tablespoons of wax to 4 oz. of oil, thats like almost 50/50? If 8 tablespoons = 4 oz.

The amount of wax also depends on the type of wax you use.
The wax used in the recipe on this thread was a hard wax that I grated myself and it took 7 Tbs to get the consistency I wanted.
I much prefer beeswax and I use less.

The way I test for consistency is to take a spoon and dip in the warm oil/wax mixture. I'll let the spoon cool for a few minutes then see how it feels.
I do this before I add any essential oil in case I want to add more oil or wax because the essential oils should not be heated.

Back