Recipe for Root Rub

Ok, just picked up the last few things on the list. sitll debating on sent. I was thinking lavender, but have decided I wanted something more calming. lemon grass? It has nice terps. I like the way it accentuates my high, and it has a clean smell to it. All opinions are always welcomed. The sarcasim I view as a bonus. :stir:

Lemongrass seems fine....just be sure it's not used on someone with sensitive skin, lemongrass is sometimes an irritant....lavender is one of the few essential oils that can be applied neat to the skin....ylangylang is a nice scent...floral, uplifting and smile inducing...teatree is a good one with antiseptic properties...basil essential oil is good for the skin and clarity of thought...

LB

Alright switched it up a bit, Had a Blue Mysyic worth of roots, from a 3 gallon smart pot, not as much as I expected from a plant that outgrew the tent, Anyways I was looking for arthritis pain relief so I added stems, leaves and some pruned junk bud. With 1 to 1 water. Crockpot on low 24 hours, not sure of the metric equivalant there. Cooled and seperated it came out green and smelling of the shit we love.

Took half of the batch (15 oz coconut oil) and added 5 tbl bees wax 2 tbl 1st press EVOO, 10 drops mint extract, 6 drops lavender oil 4 drops vit E. Still a little green still smells a little weedy but I think It's good shit. Time will tell......

Put the other half thru a water rinse might need one or two more. Might keep it for edibles might make some topicals.

:peace:

We have made three different version of the rub so far and one thing I would say is, less is more with the beeswax. Our middle batch had too much wax and it was hard to get out of the jar. I did like Musturd adding olive oil, gave it a nice smooth whipped texture.

the wax-heavy recipe might be more suited to those living in the hotter states....it will be softer then I would think.....and it can always be remelted to add more oil

LB

I have been wondering about the bees wax. I will keep watching to see what turns out to be the ideal ratio.

Well....I have a recently made coconut oil based balm....and some beeswax....so I guess some experimenting is needed :D

LB

Back