New Grower reusing soil and pathogens

Cool idea my friend. But I wasn't suggesting germing seeds in Seltzer/Carbonated Water. Flushing used soil with Carbonated Water will kill the Pathogens in it. After flushing with it, one should follow up flush with ordinary water a day or so later. The soil will then be ready for a reintroduction to Mycorrhizae, and Microbes.

:pass:
check out this product: Miicrobial Mass - have use this - increased my plant size and gave more yield (this stuff works !!!!!)

check out this product: Miicrobial Mass - have use this - increased my plant size and gave more yield (this stuff works !!!!!)
Thanks for the tip! It looks very similar to this which I've used in the past.

It does work but NPK RAW Bloom Microbes seems to have the same effect and is much more cost effective IMO .

Thanks for the tip! It looks very similar to this which I've used in the past.

It does work but NPK RAW Bloom Microbes seems to have the same effect and is much more cost effective IMO .
have use Neptune's Harvest Line a few yrs back -- good stuff sample packs are about $10.00 yes the miicrobial Mass is expensive -but it was given to me by the store folks - thinks is like $39.00 a bottle (hey it's worth it)

Here are a few points for people that want to amend their soil and use it again.

1.Bigger is better! Bigger is also relative. Anything I do now, in growing cannabis, is microscopic compared to what I used to do at the farm. The larger the amount of media being cooked, will have more of the media in that sweet zone of heating up and will sustain that temperature for a longer time. It's not only the temperature you're looking for, it's also the duration. There is kinda a certain amount of material you need 4 the composting to be effective, kind of like critical mass in a nuclear reaction. All the biological activity causes heat and with larger amounts of material, back material insulates the heat transfer and you retain more of the temperature. This allows the core of the composting material to reach sterilization temperatures.
2. Make a quality compost tea and use that to bring the cooking material up to proper moisture level. You're supplying that amended media with a bunch of microbes to eat that amendments up you just added.

3. Plain and simple, it's best done in the summertime. The good microbes love the heat! The colder it is, the longer the process will take and the smaller your core will be. In the winter time, the larger amount of bulk material becomes more important . In other words, if you do a small batch, it's not gonna reach the temperatures needed.

4. Try to begin this process as soon as you can from finishing the run. Try to harvest the girls when the media is not soaking wet, so that you can add the compost tea and the necessary microbes. This way you will have an even larger food source for the microbes you're introducing.................... That big old root system! You can fire a tote up just from having the bacteria eat up the old root system.

4.If the media you're amending now is a bit heavy, now is the time to add the material you're going to use for aeration. It'll help supply the bacteria with the oxygen that they need.

There's a ton of other things that you can do, but you have to have the basics.

I reuse my soil. I put it in “contractor” trash bags after watering up to field capacity. I then leave them in the sun for about a week. After that, into totes, re-amended, & put inside while cooking down for 5-6 weeks.
I haven’t had a problem yet, but YMMV.

Back