Nutrients Revisiting the CoM nutrient line

Badfinger

High as a Kite
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I would like to try the CoM schedule once again.
I am still concerned about the flowering phase and using the Bud and Bloom 5-13-0 with 18% cal., I'd really like to substitute something to fill that void of having no potassium.
Am considering two possible nutes to add to the regiment, either Down to Earth 0-0-22 Langbeinite with 10.8% Mg., which I fear may be just a bit to much Mg.
Or my 2nd choice of trying to water in some Greenleaf Sea-K 0-0-18, which would most likely require some epsom salt to get the Mg up.
Any feedback as to what other CoM users did would be greatly appreciated, or ideas.

I would like to try the CoM schedule once again.
I am still concerned about the flowering phase and using the Bud and Bloom 5-13-0 with 18% cal., I'd really like to substitute something to fill that void of having no potassium.
Am considering two possible nutes to add to the regiment, either Down to Earth 0-0-22 Langbeinite with 10.8% Mg., which I fear may be just a bit to much Mg.
Or my 2nd choice of trying to water in some Greenleaf Sea-K 0-0-18, which would most likely require some epsom salt to get the Mg up.
Any feedback as to what other CoM users did would be greatly appreciated, or ideas.
You could go ahead and just use the bud and bloom and add your own FFJ. You could use a potassium heavy recipe by just using bananas in making this FFJ. I would include watermelon just for the juice part. It's real easy to make. I'm quite sure you do quite well with a small batch.
My full spectrum FFJ in a 5 gallon bucket made abut 7-8quarts.
I'd say about 7 pounds of banana and one small icebox watermelon and then the weight of all that in raw sugar, with maybe an extra pound for a sugar cap.
That should make you at least two quarts. You store it for quite a while at room temperature or you can just put it in the refrigerator.

You could go ahead and just use the bud and bloom and add your own FFJ. You could use a potassium heavy recipe by just using bananas in making this FFJ. I would include watermelon just for the juice part. It's real easy to make. I'm quite sure you do quite well with a small batch.
My full spectrum FFJ in a 5 gallon bucket made abut 7-8quarts.
I'd say about 7 pounds of banana and one small icebox watermelon and then the weight of all that in raw sugar, with maybe an extra pound for a sugar cap.
That should make you at least two quarts. You store it for quite a while at room temperature or you can just put it in the refrigerator.
How often would I have to feed FFJ? and would I need to still do a Mg supplement. I'm assuming with 18% calcium, I would have to balance that out with some Mg.?

How often would I have to feed FFJ? and would I need to still do a Mg supplement. I'm assuming with 18% calcium, I would have to balance that out with some Mg.?
No more than once a week. Magnesium is also in bananas. You could add spinach for the magnesium.

Or you can just do a full spectrum FFJ!

it adds diversity in the source of nutrients. That's what I like about it.
A different level of availability is also good. It feeds the microbes quite well also.
I like to coincide my compost tea with my feeding of FFJ............. With a touch of aminos for assistance in uptake.
In a regular pot, you're golden.
In an Earthbox, you have to be a little bit more careful. Wait for an empty reservoir and lightness . Spray your concoction on top slowly and methodically with intervals to absorb. It's just like pots but at a slower rate. You want to refrain from washing nutrients into the reservoir. Just wait for the feeling of lightness in the pot before filling the reservoir.
And if you have some sort of automated watering system, i wouldn't even attempt it with live nutrients so to speak. I think the only way I could think about doing something like that would be only of 24 hour supply. And then I guess you'd have to run some sort of enzyme in the next round. Could be interesting. I'd rather do it by hand.

Hey man! Sorry for the long rant there! I just finished up the scissor hash and dry sift ball I made from Vidamints. I'm waaaaaaaaaaay past the ORT Cloud!:chimp::cools::dizzy::jointman::muahaha:

I still follow that schedule I add EWC and lobster compost at topdressings in earthboxes :thumbsup: :headbang:

I've been thinking about adding the FFJ like bill has explained or @Newman’sOwn has been using this and recommended it to me for top dressing or teas

1689121517909.png

Made the switch from COM to Roots Organics, it offers a lot more control on what you’re feeding and when. I find this soil blend is way more forgiving of overwatering than Stonington
View attachment 1613283View attachment 1613282
I've used the Roots organic original from the very beginning. If it's good enough for Stan of Mephisto, it's good enough for me.
I didn't see any problems with Stonington on this run, but it were in Reg Earthboxes.

edit...................... I've used those nutrients you've shown, the last two runs. Both top dressed and Teas made

Back