New Grower Round 2

16590944146184945376452978491302.jpg
so I just got this new inkbird tds Meter because the vivosun one had this lil glob of glue come off the electrode so I bought a new one. Well if I get to the point. They are displaying 2 different readings. The vivosun is saying 361 on 1 sample and the inkbird is saying 299 for the same test sample. So which one is correct? Anyone ever use this inkbird tds meter? I know people use the old blue one's that come with the yellow ph meter. I really don't know what one I should go by...

I just made my feed like normal using my new inkbird tds meter and it says 589 so I figured that was close enough to 600. So then I said we'll let me check what the old one says and it said 869? Wtf I don't know what one to trust. Anyone know of a house hold liquid that has a constant ppm?

Thanks for the help everyone. I made a simple solution of 1 gram of table salt to 1 litre of distilled water to make a 1000ppm test solution and the Inkbird is the clear winner. The vivosun read 1700 ppm the Inkbird was 969. I may have not made the measurements exactly right so I figured the Inkbird is dead on.

There is EC calibration fluid available pretty cheap on amazon. HM digital make one for their EC pens.

Amazon product

Just got my Apera Ph pen and I like it so far. The vivosun Ph pen was off too. The Apera reads 7.0 on its 7.0 calibration solution and the vivosun reads 6.59. So Vivosun is trash imo. The company not the pen. I will keep it as a emergency backup.

There is EC calibration fluid available pretty cheap on amazon. HM digital make one for their EC pens.

Amazon product

How are the HM Digital Ph meters? I had one in my Amazon cart but I went with the Apera for 20$ more.

I've not tried their pH meters and I have not seen them mentioned or recommended. Usually the Apera or BlueLab are the go to for quality.

I got the HM-digital Com-80 for EC/ppm, it seems to work well. I got the calibration fluid and mine was off slightly from the factory. It's held up well for over a year. I was just starting out and had the "holy jeez I have to buy more stuff?" so I picked an inexpensive one. It came recommended by a couple very good growers on here.

I don't know how their pH meters are. I believe Apera and BlueLab are the top picks. You probably got a very nice one and the advice I have seen is to spend the $$ on the pH device.

Back