RSO(Rick Simpson Oil) VS. Cannabis Paste

Lots of great info guys :thumbs: I've only just started reading up on this subject, but it seems to me that RSO is more beneficial in treating specific diseases since it is in a more concentrated form so one doesn't need too take as much and it can be ingested over a short period of time. This being very important for someone with a painful or terminal disease.

On the other hand, as dingo mentioned, and Mossy also gave info on, as a preventative medicine and nutritional supplement, I would want to go with the paste, which can be taken over a longer period of time while also getting the other benefits that cannabis has to offer, ie. the vitamins, minerals, chlorophyll.

Last edited:
Is the heating process necessary if I don't want the psychoactive properties of cannabis? Is it part of making the paste or is it only to decarb?

Cant comment on the paste vs oil, but being newbie and the oil seeming quite complicated compared to the paste, thought i'd give the paste a go with some of my first grow (will be doing oil next).

Have no scientific analysis etc, but what i can tell you is it is damn strong stuff! so i did something right.

I did decarb prior to making the paste, i ued coconut oil and cooled/recooked twice before straining off the veg material - Badkat has a great tutorial on the net i followed.

Cancer Patient here (stage 4 gleason score of 9). I have made RSO for the last 2 years. I believe it has worked pretty well since my cancer is now undetectable. I recently wanted to try to make some cannabis paste. I used the above process using 1 ounce and 4 oz of coconut oil. I am sure of the RSO, but I am not sure of the medical benefits of the paste but if you are looking for an "effect", then RSO is the way to go. When I was fighting the cancer the first year, I could only get to about .30 of a gram of RSO. At this dose, I was able to talk to god and work out some personal issues. After the next set of tests (4 months), the cancer was undetectable. I lowered my dose to about .10 -.15 of RSO 2-3 times a week. This was a nice dose if I wanted to understand the stars or communicate with trees.
I took some paste a couple of days ago. I put it in a couple of gelcaps (2.4 grams of paste). I felt a little buzzed and it was quite relaxing, but not even close to .10 of RSO. Today I doubled the dose (4.8 grams) I think this may be closer to the .10 of RSO. I think if I wanted to ask god an existential question with the paste (medical dose for cancer) then I would probably have to take about 9-10 grams of paste. But of course, that is just me.

Cancer Patient here (stage 4 gleason score of 9). I have made RSO for the last 2 years. I believe it has worked pretty well since my cancer is now undetectable. I recently wanted to try to make some cannabis paste. I used the above process using 1 ounce and 4 oz of coconut oil. I am sure of the RSO, but I am not sure of the medical benefits of the paste but if you are looking for an "effect", then RSO is the way to go. When I was fighting the cancer the first year, I could only get to about .30 of a gram of RSO. At this dose, I was able to talk to god and work out some personal issues. After the next set of tests (4 months), the cancer was undetectable. I lowered my dose to about .10 -.15 of RSO 2-3 times a week. This was a nice dose if I wanted to understand the stars or communicate with trees.
I took some paste a couple of days ago. I put it in a couple of gelcaps (2.4 grams of paste). I felt a little buzzed and it was quite relaxing, but not even close to .10 of RSO. Today I doubled the dose (4.8 grams) I think this may be closer to the .10 of RSO. I think if I wanted to ask god an existential question with the paste (medical dose for cancer) then I would probably have to take about 9-10 grams of paste. But of course, that is just me.

Blessing to you goosepads :peace:

Back