Salve decarb yes or no

I use a long-ish infusion process using a turkey roasting bag and my low slow cooker. (want a sous vide!) I throw in some lavender and oregano or mint if I have some. It's not pure science admittedly, but I feel I get more out of a partial decarb.

There is an interesting patent out there if you search for it but that's as much as I will say, to respectfully avoid trouble.
But feel free to look for vitamin B6 plus our favorite plant plus decarboxylation, I am certain that you will find it a very interesting read.

I can understand why someone would want to use a cheap, healthy, readily available agent to have precision over the amount of THC they have while also reducing heat and therefore destruction....

...:eyebrows:
Thanks for that lead. Perhaps I will look at it deeper. At the moment, that is way beyond what I am willing to read; much of it is over my chemistry level.

This salve is really good looking. I will try to get some pictures tomorrow. I ended up using 2 cups of infused coconut oil, 1/2 cup of olive oil and 2/3 cup of beeswax.

Thanks for that lead. Perhaps I will look at it deeper. At the moment, that is way beyond what I am willing to read; much of it is over my chemistry level.

This salve is really good looking. I will try to get some pictures tomorrow. I ended up using 2 cups of infused coconut oil, 1/2 cup of olive oil and 2/3 cup of beeswax.

Cool, I think you will like it!

My mother, sister, and best friends are often asking for a jar.

Here are a couple of pictures of the salve. I have some smaller containers coming.

s2.jpg
s3.jpg

I want to make a general purpose salve with coconut oil, beeswax and maybe a little olive oil. I will be using my Magical Butter II machine. The question I have is should I decarb the weed first or not? Does THCa and CBDa have topical medical benefits before decarbing?

I can't tell you off hand what the medical benefits are, but there are some. The last alcohol tincture I made was done with 75% decarb'd and 25% non-decarb'd for this very reason. I will say, that the flavor was not as pleasant with non-decarb'd cannabis added, not that you'll be eating your salves!

If I can find this information again I will post here.

Last edited:
With respect to THCa:

The medical benefits listed below are based on preliminary research and anecdotal evidence. And as far as efficacy using salves, anything goes.

A good site for this type of info is: https://farmvictoria.com/cannabis-education/
  • Analgesic – Relieves pain.
  • Anti-Emetic – Reduces vomiting, nausea, and and appetite loss.
  • Anti-Inflammatory – Reduces inflammation; for treatment of arthritis and lupus.
  • Anti-Insomnia – Aids with sleep.
  • Anti-Proliferative – Inhibits cancer cell growth; noted in studies of prostate cancer.
  • Antispasmodic – Suppresses muscle spasms.
  • Modulates Immune System – THCa has been shown to both improve and potentially suppress the immune system functions.
  • Neuroprotective – Slows damage to the nervous system and brain; for treatment of neurodegenerative diseases.

Last edited:
There are many medical benefits of marijuana, and I'm having a depression right now because of a family issue and i read an article https://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/blogs/marijuana-news/cannabis-as-medicine it can help cure physical ailments like arthritis as well as helping people cope with mental illness, anxiety, and depression.So i felt relief about this. Im hoping with the help of marijuana i will be cured.

Well I got the best compliment on my salve today. One of my friends has considerable pain in her hands from arthritis. She is an artist and uses them daily in her work with much repetitive motion. I gave her some of my salve to see if it would be helpful. After about 3 weeks she reported to me that the buzzing in them has stopped. Then today at a regular doctor's visit she demonstrated improved mobility and her pain level has dropped a notch or two according to her doctor's observations. His opinion is that the salve is responsible and has had a direct benefit for her. He told her to continue its use. WOW is that just the best thing ever :vibe:.

Well I got the best compliment on my salve today. One of my friends has considerable pain in her hands from arthritis. She is an artist and uses them daily in her work with much repetitive motion. I gave her some of my salve to see if it would be helpful. After about 3 weeks she reported to me that the buzzing in them has stopped. Then today at a regular doctor's visit she demonstrated improved mobility and her pain level has dropped a notch or two according to her doctor's observations. His opinion is that the salve is responsible and has had a direct benefit for her. He told her to continue its use. WOW is that just the best thing ever :vibe:.
Great news about your friends use of the salve. :slap:
I’ve got some in my distiller right now. Hoping my mom has some good benefits from it.

Back