Sativas for this summer, and a few autos

Here's Tai Chi and one of the mixed sativas. I've got seven of the mixed, all showing different phenos and growth rates.

taichi.jpg
mixsh.jpg

Ace is definitely my favorite seed company. Amazing strains, incredible people and tons of grows online to gather information. I've also got some Thai Chi but won't get to it for a bit. I hope those sativas finish for you. What lattitude are you at?

Ace has been great, and of all the seeds I've gotten from across the Atlantic they are the most reliable. Everything else I've gotten in the past year has been either irradiated or has shown very poor germination rates. I'm at about 44 degrees latitude.

Since these started indoors I should have until early October once they are outside. Their clones will be flowered indoors, if any are deemed worthy (although I'll def take from the Tai Chi). Today is the day I flip them to veg, 18/6.

I'm starting three Auto Amnesias this week for something in the interim.

Also, I'll have Malawi Moonshine to start this week as well, very long season but I think I can pull it off, and they will DEFINITELY be in a constant clone rotation. If I work this right I won't need to buy seeds for a few years.

If I can't get the Moonshines outdoors in time to beat the autumn, I'll just grow the seed plants indoors in larger pots, take clones and see how much I can squeeze out of them.

Anyone think I might have run out of all my cured auto weed during my convalescence? You would be correct. That's the most weed I've smoked since...ever. lmao

This week we've had nights in the 20s and 30s so supplemental heat going on out in the grow room. Should be getting warmer as this weather front passes.
Mixed up 3.7 and 15 gallon pots for the outdoor plants earlier this week, they are 'cooking' out in the first real rains of the season today.
Made up six 2.5 gallons for the autos.

Internodal spacing on these is fantastic. I've got the same boring leds over them at 2 feet, full spectrum/cheap for the win.

The 'blizzard' pic is one of the two I found out in the flower bed that came up right after the snow melted, my own cross. Pure Indica so just going to grow them out to see if they are worth pursuing for the Indica lovers.

Attachments

• 23f.jpg
    23f.jpg
    741.4 KB · Views: 56
  • blizzard1.jpg
    blizzard1.jpg
    783.6 KB · Views: 61
  • indom.jpg
    indom.jpg
    625.7 KB · Views: 53
  • may14.jpg
    may14.jpg
    601.7 KB · Views: 50
  • vvvnodes.jpg
    vvvnodes.jpg
    451.1 KB · Views: 50
  • bbbbbbbbb.jpg
    bbbbbbbbb.jpg
    933.9 KB · Views: 55
transplanting
For everyone that asked how to transplant (since I do at least three transplants in a growing season) here's a good pic and summary:

This is the greenhouse method. When removing your seedlings from their container, avoid disturbing the roots as much as possible. Try this. To catch the root ball, put one hand over the top of the pot with the seedling between your fingers, then turn the pot over. With the other hand squeeze the sides of the pot and then gently tap the bottom until the plant and soil come out. Always try to maintain the soil ball, don't ever let it fall away from the roots.
10turn_small1_large.jpg

Okay, so....I had ordered some seeds and after a month decided the order must not have gone through, I never even got an acknowledgment or receipt. Gave up and ordered a few more from a related selling group. AND THEN the first set I ordered actually arrived.

I just started three Dark Devils, and four Malawi Moonshine. Also have three Amnesia up, and one GSC (which I've never tried and was a freebie so hey...)

Moved the seven Ace mixed plants out to the 'pen', and the two 'blizzards' that were my own cross. So I'll have a group of autos in the indoor grow room and the photos outside. The Malawis will stay inside since I don't have a long enough season to set them out.

Planted out the strawberries, tomatoes, peppers today.

Pics tomorrow. I'm beat.

For everyone that asked how to transplant (since I do at least three transplants in a growing season) here's a good pic and summary:

This is the greenhouse method. When removing your seedlings from their container, avoid disturbing the roots as much as possible. Try this. To catch the root ball, put one hand over the top of the pot with the seedling between your fingers, then turn the pot over. With the other hand squeeze the sides of the pot and then gently tap the bottom until the plant and soil come out. Always try to maintain the soil ball, don't ever let it fall away from the roots. View attachment 1190549

I love doing it that way I'm the 2 inch containers. They just slide right out. Great looking plants. I'm subbed, I do love me some landrace.

Here's the old exotic pheasant/peafowl pens being re-purposed. Found two old rolls of carpet so I made a floor, will permanently keep the weeds down. It's 8' tall by 16' deep, 16' wide divided into two long pensdagga.jpgbluescullcap.jpg
ace2.jpg
ace4.jpg
mix.jpg
pens.jpg
, with flight netting still on top. One side will be potting and mixing, the other will host the photos.
Put them out on our first 80 degree week with lots of cloud cover and occasional rain, keeping them gathered in the shade until they harden off to the full sunlight. The Ace mix seems to have included some really fast varieties, two are already showing flower and the rest are on schedule for long-season.
I'll be putting a rolled bamboo fence on the west side to cover the ugly plastic and throw a little mild shade in the depths of summer.
The grow room is full of autos and also some dagga, dream herb and scullcap started.

Back