Sativas for this summer, and a few autos

Thanks Damien. It's kinda hard when ten of them are all mixed, unknown varieties. Different growth rates big time. Once the Ace are cleared out the Malawi Moonshine and Sanyan will have the run of the place.

I cut and started curing one of the plants from the Ace mix. It turned out to be an auto. Just tried it, it's still got a little green to it, but it is stupifyingly heavy. It feels like maybe what people describe as Northern Lights (although it can't be because apparently they don't finish until doomsday). Most powerful body plant I've had yet. I would not operate machinery on this.
And of course I don't really care for it. I've got family that can have it.

There are two other Ace in flower right now, and a smaller sativa. The whole mix must have been fast-flowering types. Glad I started a few more Malawi. I was actually expecting everything to be long-season.

Notes: Dropped another six Dark Devil seeds today. The first ones are starting to flower, and the Amnesias are right behind them. Might as well take advantage of the summer and run as many autos as I can. I'm out of seeds after this week, might have to go collect cans for the bottle bail. Also started five Darkling sativas, I will end up leaving them indoors despite their potential height. We're already past solstice so the timing will be way off for outdoors. Pulled four branches from one of the Ace sativas for clones. Dropped them in humic acid enhanced water and used the hormone I use for roses, which is 8 times stronger than clonex. Let's see how fast they take root, lol.

The first Ace I cut I left the lower branches to finish up, it took them about a week. I pulled that plant and also pulled another one that just finished. Very skunky. Should keep the cat out of the woodshed til they're dry.
At least one of the Indicas is female. Bought six foot bamboo stakes for the Thai Chi, she's way over my head now and I want to keep her straight, as the Thai types can be long-branched and floppy when they are in full flower.

Updated pics tomorrow.

Here are a few pics, sorry my 'camera' sucks at the moment. The Thai Chi photo, you can see the old flight netting overhead, at 8 feet, so we're almost ready to SOG. The Blizz are my two crosses. The Sanyan are over a month old, so are the Malawi. Ace sativas just starting to show an attempt to flower. There are two others in flower, one is definitely a NL, I'll just assume a November harvest? The other should be ready in a couple weeks. Only insect problem I've had is a small shield type bug sucking tiny holes in the leaves, but not leaving any eggs, so I'm not worrying it, just a few leaves here and there. They could use a trim anyway. I'll get a shot of the autos in the grow room as soon as I get a little bit better camera. The Dark Devils are blooming, the Amnesias are doing a stretch, and the GSC is at the same stage as the Amnesias.
acemix3.jpg
acemix5.jpg
acesat3.jpg
acesatmix.jpg
blizz1.jpg
blizz2.jpg
malawi1.jpg
malawionemonth.jpg
sanyangroup.jpg
thaichilatejune.jpg
thaichitop.jpg

Dark Devils are starting to flower, so is the tall skinny Ace sativa. Just pulled up the supposed NL auto, it was tiny but it finished flowering at least. I should have called Guinness, it only took five months.
Also pulled another Ace, it was a definite fast-flowering hybrid.
Moving some of the autos from the grow room outdoors to finish up, once they start flowering I don't see any reason to avoid the sunshine. They shouldn't get sunburnt as I have some semi-shade out there, but I'll be keeping an eye out for it.

Here's a fuzzy pic of one of the big side buds from one of the Ace.

Attachments

• IMG_20200703_192713 (2).jpg
    IMG_20200703_192713 (2).jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 136
Finally! Been away for over a month, between paying for the internet and well, life, you know....
Took down three Dark Devils this week, and two Amnesias, also took down the perfectly Sativa sativa from Ace, hanging to dry.
The Thai Chi has now reached ten feet, it's two feet over the old flight netting. Looks pretty obvious if you look at my little grow space, you see two feet of pure weed reaching up through the netting like she's trying to escape.
Sadly, I had four males out of fourteen original plants, they are now compost. Too bad I had to wait over two months to get a positive identification but ah well.
It's been uncharacteristically raining here for days, and it NEVER rains this week in the summer. I keep garden journals, I can't find one example in the past 25 plus years
acesativaend.JPG
amnesia.JPG
amnesia85.JPG
bizzaa.JPG
malawimoonshine.JPG
sanyan85.JPG
sativamain.JPG
thaichi85.JPG
thaichitop.JPG
trunkofthaichi.JPG
where it wasn't over 95 degrees and dry in the past, and this week we have nights in the 50s and rain. Weird.

I included a shot of the Thai Chi with my camera lens cap so you can gauge the size. She's a monster.

Finally! Been away for over a month, between paying for the internet and well, life, you know....
Took down three Dark Devils this week, and two Amnesias, also took down the perfectly Sativa sativa from Ace, hanging to dry.
The Thai Chi has now reached ten feet, it's two feet over the old flight netting. Looks pretty obvious if you look at my little grow space, you see two feet of pure weed reaching up through the netting like she's trying to escape.
Sadly, I had four males out of fourteen original plants, they are now compost. Too bad I had to wait over two months to get a positive identification but ah well.
It's been uncharacteristically raining here for days, and it NEVER rains this week in the summer. I keep garden journals, I can't find one example in the past 25 plus years View attachment 1220919View attachment 1220920View attachment 1220921View attachment 1220922View attachment 1220923View attachment 1220924View attachment 1220925View attachment 1220926View attachment 1220927View attachment 1220928where it wasn't over 95 degrees and dry in the past, and this week we have nights in the 50s and rain. Weird.

I included a shot of the Thai Chi with my camera lens cap so you can gauge the size. She's a monster.

"no matter how bad thingz may get, the treez don't care...they jus keep reachin for the sky" _unknown :headbang: ppp

Back