Sativas for this summer, and a few autos

Here's the old exotic pheasant/peafowl pens being re-purposed. Found two old rolls of carpet so I made a floor, will permanently keep the weeds down. It's 8' tall by 16' deep, 16' wide divided into two long pensView attachment 1194849View attachment 1194848View attachment 1194846View attachment 1194847View attachment 1194850View attachment 1194851, with flight netting still on top. One side will be potting and mixing, the other will host the photos.
Put them out on our first 80 degree week with lots of cloud cover and occasional rain, keeping them gathered in the shade until they harden off to the full sunlight. The Ace mix seems to have included some really fast varieties, two are already showing flower and the rest are on schedule for long-season.
I'll be putting a rolled bamboo fence on the west side to cover the ugly plastic and throw a little mild shade in the depths of summer.
The grow room is full of autos and also some dagga, dream herb and scullcap started.

dagga for the win! :yay: ppp

Beautiful little spot you've got there Al :d5:
Do you need them in the cage for legality?

Well, the 'law' says they must be invisible from the road for all the times the Feds drive down this rural route, lol, and if you have them outside you have to enclose them on all four sides. The top of those pens is at eight feet, so this year no cover, but I might rejigger the roof and throw some corrugated clear panels up there on a slant, that way I can collect rainwater too. It's at least four hundred feet from the road behind the front woods and in front of the back woods, no way anyone is seeing it. I've got a cold-frame greenhouse attached to the back of my house that was all corrugated panels but it's thirty years old and falling apart at this point, or I'd scavenge from that.

I've got way, way too many garden beds going this year. It's more daunting than my imagination made it out to be last winter.

Planting potatoes today.

Big thunderstorm yesterday. Here's the Thai Chi and one of the Ace mix that is flowering very early.

Thai Chi is in a fifteen gallon pot and is about three feet tall now.

acemixearlyflo.jpg
thaichi3ft.jpg

Hello, good luck with your grow, im growing the tropical mix from ace seeds too this summer outdoors, i guess thats the mixed pack you are growing too. Hoping for some really nice landrace sativas!

Days are getting hot here, might be a thunderstorm tonight. Thai Chi is about four feet tall, so are a few of the Ace. I ended up with three early flowering ones, two are chugging along (but rather short) and one hermie'd on me, so they went into the freezer. It had to be it was starting to flower in the week I set them out, and I disturbed the flow. Four Malawi Moonshine now set out in between the rows. My Indica hybrids are starting to show their Indica-ness.
I'll get some shots of my Auto room after it cools off out there. I've got three Dark Devils, a few Amnesias, one Girl Scout Cookie (freebie), and a couple more Malawi Moonshine going.

IMG_20200609_134754 (2).jpg
IMG_20200609_134808 (2).jpg
IMG_20200609_134818 (3).jpg
IMG_20200609_134831 (2).jpg
IMG_20200609_134851 (2).jpg
IMG_20200609_134859 (2).jpg

Update: I have three of the Ace plants solidly in flower already, which was unexpected. One freebie Northern Lights about two feet tall and almost ready to cut. The Thai Chi is at six feet, I've got old bird flight netting at eight feet above it, if it clears the ceiling it will be automatically sog'ing itself. The Indicas here are the ones I bred, still not showing sex on either of them. Had to remove a tall skinny sativa who was fully male, so far I've only had two which is a decent percentage.
One Dark Devil in the grow room just shot up to two feet tall, the Amnesias are stocky and filling out very nicely.
Everyone is doing great on the fully-organic set up. I bought a container of humic acid, and added it to the Malawi transplants, then gave everyone a bit of it. Zero transplant or moving shock.
acequick.jpg
acesat6187.jpg
amnesia618.jpg
blizz2.jpg
blizz3.jpg
darkdevil617.jpg

Back