DIY Seed collectors-How do you store your seeds?

I have not put into practice yet, but my idea is this. I'm going to get a LARGE 3 ring binder(1 I have is broken atm) and use baseball card clear sleeves. I have 2 types 1 is standard card size for like Fast Buds sizes packs(9-12 per sleeve) and larger pack go in sleeves that are odd shaped/sized(4 per sleeve) or when I have multiples. Sort by breeder or sativa/indica whatever you like. Then it will go into the fridge. Currently they are in Tupperware in the fridge. I just need to get a sturdy binder. Stay lifted @Imagine

I have not put into practice yet, but my idea is this. I'm going to get a LARGE 3 ring binder(1 I have is broken atm) and use baseball card clear sleeves. I have 2 types 1 is standard card size for like Fast Buds sizes packs(9-12 per sleeve) and larger pack go in sleeves that are odd shaped/sized(4 per sleeve) or when I have multiples. Sort by breeder or sativa/indica whatever you like. Then it will go into the fridge. Currently they are in Tupperware in the fridge. I just need to get a sturdy binder. Stay lifted @Imagine
Like this idea. That way you can just flip through and visually see what you want. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm going to have to look into the freezer situation. I already have a hash stash in a frost free freezer (as it slows the THC to CBD conversion), so I may be able to do something in that direction.
It's not CBD which THC converts into, but CBC. The sleepy cannabinoid :coffee2:
CBD is know for it's muscle relaxant and anti-inflammatory properties.

Oh and I also keep my seeds in an old Tupperware container in the fridge. I don't trust the freezer as the way a seed get frozen will determine if it will be viable after thawing. Fast and very low temperature (-30°C / -22°F) is preferred. The slower you freeze the bigger the ice crystals will get and the more damage they do. And then there is the fact that you want to take some seeds from your stash. Do you thaw the entire container? Or do you open it while it is frozen? Both are bad choices in my eyes. Thawing and refreezing will only further detriment the viability of the seeds. And opening the container while still frozen will let humidity in...

It's not CBD which THC converts into, but CBC. The sleepy cannabinoid :coffee2:
CBD is know for it's muscle relaxant and anti-inflammatory properties.

Possibly we're both wrong? I didn't think it was CBC.

After four years, researchers found significant degradation in THC levels. The samples in storage for the duration at room temperature or in refrigeration lost almost one hundred percent of their THC content. Interestingly, much of the THC underwent a transformation into CBN—another cannabinoid that’s known for its ability to help improve sleep. Researchers determined that both storage temperature and light exposure had an affect on the conversion of THC to CBN. The temperature actually altered the speed at which the process occurred, while light exposure changed both the speed and the stoichiometry of the conversion.

Once buds are dried and cured, potency is at its peak. Over time THC gradually degrades to CBN, a far less psychotropic cannabinoid than THC.
Research conducted at the University of Mississippi on low-quality cannabis stored for four years at room temperature (68-72° [20-22° C]) found that the percentage loss of THC was proportional to time in storage, with the greatest loss in the first year. As the THC level declines, the concentration of CBN increases.

Possibly we're both wrong? I didn't think it was CBC.

After four years, researchers found significant degradation in THC levels. The samples in storage for the duration at room temperature or in refrigeration lost almost one hundred percent of their THC content. Interestingly, much of the THC underwent a transformation into CBN—another cannabinoid that’s known for its ability to help improve sleep. Researchers determined that both storage temperature and light exposure had an affect on the conversion of THC to CBN. The temperature actually altered the speed at which the process occurred, while light exposure changed both the speed and the stoichiometry of the conversion.

Once buds are dried and cured, potency is at its peak. Over time THC gradually degrades to CBN, a far less psychotropic cannabinoid than THC.
Research conducted at the University of Mississippi on low-quality cannabis stored for four years at room temperature (68-72° [20-22° C]) found that the percentage loss of THC was proportional to time in storage, with the greatest loss in the first year. As the THC level declines, the concentration of CBN increases.

You're right!! It's CBN :cheers:

I keep my seeds in breeder packs in a glass jar w/ rice in the fridge ... Just grew 2 of Nirvana's Jock Horrors that were 7 years old. They germinated fast and grew well from start to finish. In the future I'm switching to a vacuum sealed jar.
:vibe:

Back