DIY Seed collectors-How do you store your seeds?

I have not put into practice yet, but my idea is this. I'm going to get a LARGE 3 ring binder(1 I have is broken atm) and use baseball card clear sleeves. I have 2 types 1 is standard card size for like Fast Buds sizes packs(9-12 per sleeve) and larger pack go in sleeves that are odd shaped/sized(4 per sleeve) or when I have multiples. Sort by breeder or sativa/indica whatever you like. Then it will go into the fridge. Currently they are in Tupperware in the fridge. I just need to get a sturdy binder. Stay lifted @Imagine

Old bump but... have you tried this yet? I am fairly certain you won't have to worry about it these days but I know quite a while back you had to make sure you bought the "good" plastic that was acid free or archival quality. Some of the cheap plastics were known to ruin comic books and cards. The plastic itself turned yellow and brittle over time, worst case, stuck itself to the item and tore it to bits when you tried to peel it off. Ugh, lost some real favorites. Wasn't trying to be cheap just didn't know better until too late!

Old bump but... have you tried this yet? I am fairly certain you won't have to worry about it these days but I know quite a while back you had to make sure you bought the "good" plastic that was acid free or archival quality. Some of the cheap plastics were known to ruin comic books and cards. The plastic itself turned yellow and brittle over time, worst case, stuck itself to the item and tore it to bits when you tried to peel it off. Ugh, lost some real favorites. Wasn't trying to be cheap just didn't know better until too late!
No, lol low on my priority list currently. My cards from 25yrs ago are ok, but I can definitely see that being an issue with cheap ones. These are new from last yr so no idea of their longevity yet. I would leave them in original packages, which most are also in a plastic vile. So if they do stick they should be safe.:goodluck: For now they sit in Tupperware in my mini fridge, which works just the same tho not organized. I'll get to it ones of these days probably not till after we go rec here.

After a lot of research; My method, and I believe the most effective, practical, and relatively inexpensive seed storage would be:

Seeds placed/replaced into original packages/tinctures and then stored inside of a small/medium C-Vault. Inside of the C-Vault there is a folded paper towel at the bottom, the seeds, and one silica gel pack. The C-Vault is then placed at the back of the shelf in the fridge for the most consistent temps.

In a sealed dry box.
DSC_0618~2.JPG

I had mine in an old fish stick box in the freezer for years. I evolved into using a green Tupperware container and moved them to the fridge downstairs. All are in original packs and sealed up. I am now in the market for a new container as my collection has outgrown my current one

:peek:

I had mine in an old fish stick box in the freezer for years. I evolved into using a green Tupperware container and moved them to the fridge downstairs. All are in original packs and sealed up. I am now in the market for a new container as my collection has outgrown my current one

:peek:
Would this work? :haha: :d5:
71JEEDZgjzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I use the fridge I wrap em in bubble wrap an multiple zip lock baggies holding empty all together ❤

I use 1 dram vials filled half with seeds and half silica dissicant seperated by cotton sealed with liquid electrical tape and put in a sealed mason jar with dissicant and stored in the fridge covered in black bags to keep light away. I got seeds stored from the 90s that I get 100% germination rates from. I dunno If it's luck or I got a good system going

Back