New Grower Seedstockers mixed auto grow

darknight_420

Welcome to the CannaZone
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hi all, im a newbie here so a big hello and welcome to my auto diary of mixed grow of seedstockers seeds.

I've never grow autos before and I've thought about it so many times as I tend to do photoperiods and after vegging 10/12 weeks I think if only it was an auto I'd be getting ready to chop it down!

So I managed to get a mix off seeds from @Seedstockers-Mark to run alongside the photoperiods im currently doing in another diary.

The first thing I've noticed is auto seeds seem more difficult to germinate unless it's me being useless and that's me just beginning

I took the advice from others on here about what to pick and decided to go for the same strain as im doing with photos so choose a panty punch, and an apollo black cherry, I also decided to pop a gelato 41 in for a try.

Well like I said my germination is shit and I've lost so many seeds in my time and at the cost they are it can ve expensive losing a whole packet!

Anyway I decided to try something else for a change and got jiffy7 pellets, I soaked them and put my seeds in on 11/2 and absoloutely feck all!!!

I think my problem was not draining the excess water off them after soaking and just saturated the peat.

I woke this morning feeling pissed off as nothing was there so I ripped the jiffy7 open a little snd I could see a tap root on the gelato 41 and a little on the apollo black cherry but nothing on the panty punch, I took the panty punch out and the tap root was there a tiny bit so I squeezed the water out the jiffy7 and popped it back in.

Absoloutely nothing to report except I could say I've had the birth of a baby girl in the gelato 41 and I'm going to call her cagney and apollo black cherry ill call lacey

There sealed in a plastic bag under a Jackson 200w memphis LED turned right down to aroumd 25w and a oil radiator with twnp of 22c

Attachments

• 20230215_231158.mp4
    2.2 MB
  • 20230215_231135.jpg
    20230215_231135.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
With the autos. Alot of people go straight to final pot. Ive had some damn good luck with doing it that way. I had a little issue cause I was reusing soil and lost like 7 seeds in 2 weeks. But decided to get new soil and back to every one I plant I have had pop the soil. Even the ones I lost germinated just dampened off after 2 days. If you keep having trouble might wanna try that.

thanks @Shugrows I'll probably try that next time and go direct into the final pot as I did read that too.

I'll move them into 10L pots once the 2 leaves are up, I'll be mixing them with biotab and silicium flash so they'll be a water only grow.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how quick these can grow in comparison to the time I've always spent on photoperiods

thanks

Make sure you ph those peat pellets to ph6.0 peat will go very acidic rather fast.. When I used the pellets I also kept a control one with no seed in it and water it with the rest.. I used that one to test how much moisture was in the pellet then decided whether to water or not :goodluck:

Well my gelato 41 is up now and 1st two razor leaves coming through

My other 2 aren't upto much and the apollo black cherry was completely upside down and the panty punch split ever so slightly.

I decided to soak 2 new jiffy7 in a ph of 6 as @Lil Dab suggests and ive replanted then so I'll see how things go.

the main thing is cagneys now enjoying sunshine

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20230216-130234.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230216-130234.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 11
Hi all, just a little update on things.

Afraid to say I've failed germinating 2 seeds and the panty punch did nothing and my apollo black cherry just teased me and then died on me.

The gelato 41 is doing good though and I've put her in a 12L pot which is one of the biggest I've grown in.

She looks lost in there and I am watering her but not alot and just around an inch or 2 from the stem.

I've no fan in there as both in the flower tent, I'll need to buy one as she can't go without some breeze as she grows up.

Temps around 26c humidty around 72% and doing a 20/4 light schedule, nit sure what wattage I'm at but it's not high, also had to lift the main pot up closer to the light to stop stretching but she's still doing it

This is probably one of the worst times of a growing cycle I dont like and wirh photos I've always reported and buried the stem deeper but can't so that here

Anyway here she is and only on plain water and putting a small amount of bactrax in, I was meant to feed wirh 1lite and 1g of bactrax but feck that she's a seed and not a 7 leaf seedling so I wasn't going to drown her

I think she looks OK and I've started another panty punch off and hopefully she will be up this week sometime

Attachments

• 20230219_211422.jpg
    20230219_211422.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • 20230219_211359.jpg
    20230219_211359.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 20230219_211347.jpg
    20230219_211347.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
Hi all, just a little update on things.

Afraid to say I've failed germinating 2 seeds and the panty punch did nothing and my apollo black cherry just teased me and then died on me.

The gelato 41 is doing good though and I've put her in a 12L pot which is one of the biggest I've grown in.

She looks lost in there and I am watering her but not alot and just around an inch or 2 from the stem.

I've no fan in there as both in the flower tent, I'll need to buy one as she can't go without some breeze as she grows up.

Temps around 26c humidty around 72% and doing a 20/4 light schedule, nit sure what wattage I'm at but it's not high, also had to lift the main pot up closer to the light to stop stretching but she's still doing it

This is probably one of the worst times of a growing cycle I dont like and wirh photos I've always reported and buried the stem deeper but can't so that here

Anyway here she is and only on plain water and putting a small amount of bactrax in, I was meant to feed wirh 1lite and 1g of bactrax but feck that she's a seed and not a 7 leaf seedling so I wasn't going to drown her

I think she looks OK and I've started another panty punch off and hopefully she will be up this week sometime
if you watch the videos on youtube with biotabs I think they expect your plant to be more established then use the litre but if I was you I would just go easy with the water so her roots can breathe and she will soon take off but this is why all mine go in solo cups first like in pics but in a weeks time you will be buzzing how fast she's grown in her big pot

Attachments

• 20230114_165925.jpg
    20230114_165925.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
Hi all, well I'm pleases to say my panty punch is born today.

I didnt bother with the jiffy7 or rootit and just went back to basics and straight in a pot.

She caused some annoyance as its taken 4 days and I thought it was never going to happen.

I dont think ill pot her up in 12L and might just go for a 7.5L and see how that goes.

I'll been feeding the biotabs water only method

The gelato41 day 7 is also coming on. Very very short internode as light is pretty close. Not sure if I should increase the distance but height is an issue for me and I do like the bonsai type plant so might leave just now and top her before day 20 I think I see the 3rd shoot now so I'll top at 5

Still no fan inside and temps around 26c om humidty 76%

Attachments

• 20230223_172051.jpg
    20230223_172051.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 20230223_172105.jpg
    20230223_172105.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 20230223_172129.jpg
    20230223_172129.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 20230223_172153.jpg