Seedstockers sucessful clone turned into a moster plant (mandarin panties)

darknight_420

Welcome to the CannaZone
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hi all

No sure if this is the right thread but I couldn't find clones

I've never done cloning before but when I snapped a branch off my mandarin panties who is explosive in growth I thought ive nothing to lose except a little time if it doesn't work.

Anyway as 2wk approaches I got fed up no seeing roots from the jiffy pellet. It was soaking wet right through so I cut it open and there's a cluster of roots from the stem, video attached so I would appreciate any input into clones and let me know if its worked

I've since potted it in biobizz light mix and a little orgatrex for root stim and sprayed with mix water and seaweed extract.

Thoughts appreciated
Thanks

Attachments

• mandarin panties clone.mp4
    2.8 MB
Last edited:
Hi all

No sure if this is the right thread but I couldn't find clones

I've never done cloning before but when I snapped a branch off my mandarin panties who is explosive in growth I thought ive nothing to lose except a little time if it doesn't work.

Anyway as 2wk approaches I got fed up no seeing roots from the jiffy pellet. It was soaking wet right through so I cut it open and there's a cluster of roots from the stem, video attached so I would appreciate any input into clones and let me know if its worked

I've since potted it in biobizz light mix and a little orgatrex for root stim and sprayed with mix water and seaweed extract.

Thoughts appreciated
Thanks
Inadvertent clone. Nice work. If she is putting out roots, pot her up and give her a nice drink.
When this happens, it’s good to “veg” the plant 2-3 weeks and throw here into flower with a bit of size.

Yeah dude you did it!! Yeah, cloning isn’t super hard, but it’s far from easy. Silica in your regimen will help the plants be a little more resilient. Did you happen to have a humidity dome on there?? I’ve found it helps to cut most of the leaf from the clone, but the second you see new growth out the top you’ll have rooting. I just switched to clonex after years of using powder from Lowe’s. Which worked fine. They say clonex is a 9/10 success rate, so we’ll see.

Yeah dude you did it!! Yeah, cloning isn’t super hard, but it’s far from easy. Silica in your regimen will help the plants be a little more resilient. Did you happen to have a humidity dome on there?? I’ve found it helps to cut most of the leaf from the clone, but the second you see new growth out the top you’ll have rooting. I just switched to clonex after years of using powder from Lowe’s. Which worked fine. They say clonex is a 9/10 success rate, so we’ll see.
Hiya, thanks I have got a humidity dime but the space was tight so I put it in a glass jar with a screw top lid (aka herb jar)

I did use clonex and have 2 bottles, I was going to ry cloning a couple of Yr ago but didnt and the clonext out if date

I was then going to try it early last year and didn't and that bottle is out of date so I've 2 tubs out of date and used the one that finished Nov 22

I'm no sure if she's taken off since potting her up but can only see over the coming week.

Thanks for your reply and keep the fingers crossed for me lol

I’ve found it helps to mist the leaves with a spray bottle of plain water. I have recently started using PowerSi as a foliar spray and have read that it is great for stress management and resilience in clones. As far as her not doing anything since being uprooted. Probably in shock which will work itself out in the right conditions. Good luck. It’s science. Follow the steps and you’ll have success like you envisioned when you started.

PS. A water bottle works wonders for a humidity dome.
image.jpg

Hi all and hope you're all well.

I'm enjoying a wake n bake here and wondering whats happening with my clone.

Since potting her all she's done is get colour back and start rooting in the pot I have. Hahaha that sounds like duh isn't she meant to do that lol I did say I'm on a wake n bake

I dont know what I'm expecting as I've never done a clone before but I thought I would get internode branches coming off so she grows into a nice big bushy plant.. isn't that what clones do?

I'm reading earlier posts though and others mention get her in flower but doesn't that defeat the purpose of cloning and hope that don't sound silly.

Below is photos of her now and the root development. I know it's not loads of root mass but I'm wondering what am I meant to do with her.. should I just keep her in veg for the next 2 months and pot her up in a mix with biotab water only soil or stick her in flower and maybe get a small yield off her?

Any advice appreciated

Attachments

• 20230322_080425.jpg
    20230322_080425.jpg
    741.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 20230322_080420.jpg
    20230322_080420.jpg
    940 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230322_080555.jpg
    20230322_080555.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • 20230322_080530.jpg
    20230322_080530.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
First things first. Roots don’t like light. Secondly, the plant gets stressed everytime you remove it from the pot. How much light do you have it under? Root growth is essential for nutrient uptake yada yada yada. Be patient and let her do her thing. Make surrr the rh is appropriate as well as the temp and light intensity. Grow weed easy dot com is pretty informative believe it or not.
D6A6DD73-7BAC-4287-A4AA-847BA2E4EC80.jpeg
These are the ones I cloned last week or so. It may take a min to get the growth restarted. Are you feeding straight water , partial strength nutes?? Lmk. Have a good evening.

Hi @Calyx Frost thanks for your reply.

I've now repotted her I to a 5litre mixed wirh biotab and silicium flash and the light she's under is a 200w dimmable led

Shes in with an auto and the top of the auto the light PPFD reads 638 good and the top of the clone is 136 low. So she's shadowed down.

Do you think I ought to lift her so she gets higher PPFD?

Thanks

Back