New Grower Vapor's 2nd Grow and the Tale of the Auto White Cheese (and a few photo strains)

Day 58 - Auto White Cheese Picture Update

Day 58 - Auto White Cheese Picture Update

Muddy - I haven't been pH'ing her; I've been out of buds for quite awhile and this budding plant looked suspiciously like a raw meat to this pack of hungry piranhas. She's not much of a plant anymore. I know this is a bad practice; but dire times call for dire situations :( It's kind of funny; the Auto White Cheese was actually my last choice of all the seeds on my 2nd grow (of epic failure.) Didn't know anything about auto strains; had seen them advertised on seed sites but never even bother to see what the hubbub was about. All my photo strains were growing along side her, and then I started looking at this strain and learned how quick it's life cycle was and how fast returns on harvest can be. Through the course of this grow, my attention went away from the photo strains (which I was originally drooling over) to the auto strain. Now I have a tent FULL of new autos. It's always a learning process though; and I think I've learned a lot more about my patience and knowledge (and lack thereof sometimes) than I have necessarily about growing plants. And I have learned a CRAPLOAD about growing plants from this site. Not even just MJ. I feel like my vegetable garden next year is going to blow away my neighbor who is always peering over my fence to see how high my corn is. My 3rd grow is kicking off; and I've already made some total boner bone-head mistakes on it; but compared to my first and second grows it feels pretty good. I need to learn to have more patience and self discipline. I feel like I've made only half efforts on some things that require full attention. I'm getting there though I think, slowly but surely. My thanks to you again for helping me out and answering some of my questions Muddy!

Springa, what do you mean by "fox tailing?" Could cold weather have anything to do with it? My cool air intake for the tent sometime is pulling in 20 degree F air from the outdoors. I try to only do this when the 1000W light is running; it keeps the temps around 60-70 degrees with the light on. With the light off; I pull the duct from the window and close it; so it's cycling warmer air from inside the tent. I'll quickly have to provide supplemental heat to the basement; but I have to run a long extension cord from my upstairs to do it as most of my basement outlets are on one 15 amp breaker. I have an outlet on another breaker down there; but my fiber optic line connects to it and I don't really want to risk tripping that out for other reasons.

Thanks for the help and suggestions; and looking forward to hearing the ups and downs from these pictures. So without further adieu, my Auto White Cheese. Oh, and if you notice some weird out of place looking whitish' hair; I have a cat that somehow gets into EVERYTHING and leaves behind a trail of fine white hair. Ninja cat. If you have pets; you'll understand. If you don't; might be gross. lol. don't judge me ;)

View attachment 143617

View attachment 143622

View attachment 143621

View attachment 143620

View attachment 143619

View attachment 143618

View attachment 143615

View attachment 143614

View attachment 143616

View attachment 143612

View attachment 143608

View attachment 143605

View attachment 143623

LOL, autos can be addictive and sounds like you're hooked! I can't stress enough the importance of proper pH with autos. Photos are more forgiving and if something does go off, you have more time to correct it. With autos everything happens quicker. I never paid attention to pH in my vegetable gardens or with the guerilla photo grows I did. It wasn't till I started growing autos that I learned it's importance. This year I'll be building some raised vegetable beds, each with soil specific to the crop to be grown and at the proper pH. Can't wait to see the results. I want to blow my friends and neighbors away as well.

Thanks for the info

Day 70 - Auto White Cheese and 3 Photo Strains

Day 70 -

ha HA! I bet you all thought the Cheese was DONE for! Nay, the beast lives! I was down to the main stalk on her from my dry herb spell and I was about to chop her down when fortune answered fate and my dry spell ended. So I kept her going in the tent under a 1000W MH with my new batch of autos (3rd grow.) I suppose I could have kept the HPS on there (I've heard you can grow auto's from start to finish with an HPS?) but I went with MH because it's what I know has tried and true worked for me before. If anyone can recommend to skip the MH for autoflowers; let me know and I can try it.

So anyways here's the Dinafem Auto White Cheese. Or what's left of her. I've been giving it just plain spring water from a gallon jug from Walmart. Not sure how good flushing Miracle Grow soil is; but it's gotta be better than nothing. This and the photo strains are the last of the Miracle Grow saga for me. Pro-Mix has proven to be pretty flippin' awesome so far on my latest grow.

The pistils have really started changing colors on her. I haven't checked out the trichomes on it lately; I've got a magnifier to see; they were pretty clear still on my last update. The smoke on it almost two weeks ago was actually really good out of the vape; pretty tasty for fresh uncured quick dried bud; and got you pretty ripped to boot! Can't wait to try this stuff once it's properly dried and cured. I can now resist the temptation! It's gotten really fat and dense for what's left; a light squeeze on any of the buds has them feeling very very firm. I'm going to check the trichs and see how they are looking; then I will put her in the dark for 48 hours and chop her down. Smallest harvest ever lol, but I'm going to savor this one.

View attachment 148678

View attachment 148691

View attachment 148690

View attachment 148689

View attachment 148688

View attachment 148687

View attachment 148686

View attachment 148685

View attachment 148684

View attachment 148683

View attachment 148682

View attachment 148681

View attachment 148680

View attachment 148679

View attachment 148692

Here are the three photo strains. They are 25 days into the flowering 12/12 switch from 18/6 lighting. I'll get better pics (non HPS lighting) one of these late evenings when smell isn't an issue (5 minutes with one of these outside my tent will make my entire basement and part of the upstairs just reek like MJ.)

From left to right is Blue Widow, Pineapple Express, and Critical Jack Herer. They are all flowering out like CRAZY. It's going to be an epic harvest.

View attachment 148693

View attachment 148694

View attachment 148695

View attachment 148696

View attachment 148697

View attachment 148698

Glad to hear she lives bro good job on taking care of her:bow: cant wait to see more of your other ladies subbed till the end if seats are still available:thumbs:

Day 83 - Dinafem Auto White Cheese HARVEST (what's left of it lol) and PHOTO UPDATE

Day 83 - Dinafem Auto White Cheese Harvest and update on my three photo strains (Blue Widow, Pineapple Express, and Critical Jack Herer.)

Last night (technically late Day 82), I chopped what was left of the Dinafem Auto White Cheese. What was once a small bud that I almost cut off and smoked is now a big nugget of crystalline covered goodness. It feels so dense if you give it a light squeeze and it smells so dark and fruity. I've never had, smoked, or tasted any other cheese strains, so I cannot compare it to anything other than say that it has the most AWESOME aroma when squeezed, and it tasted great and got me ripped out of the vape several weeks ago. I can only imagine what nature has done to this amazing little herb and can't wait to properly dry and cure it out as intended. I didn't weigh it weight as it has a lot of stem left on it; and it's not much to begin with anyways, but I will say this is my first auto strain grow, and the one that prompted my current huge auto strain grow (3rd grow, which is in full bloom.)

I did not know the auto before I knew the cheese.

And here she is!

View attachment 153211

View attachment 153207

View attachment 153208

View attachment 153209

View attachment 153210

View attachment 153212

View attachment 153213

I really enjoyed growing this, I hope I get a chance to try this one again with better growing supplies instead of miracle grow. Would highly recommend :perfect:

Here is a photo update of my three photo strains. They are 38 days into flowering (from 18/6 to 12/12 switch, under 400W HPS.)

Here is Delicious Seeds Critical Jack Herer:

View attachment 153215

View attachment 153214

Here is the Dinafem Blue Widow:

View attachment 153219

View attachment 153218

View attachment 153217

View attachment 153216

Here is the G13 Labs Pineapple Express:

View attachment 153223

View attachment 153222

View attachment 153221

View attachment 153220

Here is a picture of the ONA Quart Jar.

View attachment 153224

I put it in the tent at Day 45 and it finally dried up about Day 75 or so. There is a minor amount of airflow that may be hitting the jar which could impact the longevity as it is a liquid substance, but I'd say 30 days seems about right with lid completely off the jar. $20 for 30 days of linen fresh smell and no bud smell. I honestly thought this did a BANGUP job helping with the smell in my smaller tent (3 feet by 20 inches by 5 feet), although $20 per month for on average 2-3 months of smell on a typical auto (or longer), that's about $40-60 per grow on odor control, on top of the cost of the carbon scrubber (which also does a goood job.) I would say it's only worth it if you want to help maximize your odor control.

I have a quart ONA jar in my bigger tent (4 foot by 4 foot by 7 foot) and it does indeed too help out in there; but definitely at diminished strength.

Well, thanks for tuning into my first auto strain grow! It was a learning experience, and I'll never use miracle grow ever again! I will probably update one last time with the cheese once it's dried and cured a bit, and the photo strains still have a good 2 months left. I'll be updating more on my 3rd grow, which is all auto strains and in full bloom! Thanks again, thanks to everyone for all the help and advice, and smoke if you got 'em! :toke:

Nice grow and ongoing grows!!! Look forward to seeing the updates on the new auto grows as well. You have been +REP slapped!!! :thumbs:

lovely stuff, bro! Pity about the cheese though. THe smell is exactly as you've described it. I'm loving the fruity tinge it has to it. Can't wait to chop her. Will be watching your future grows, mate.

+rep ....nice!!:clap:

Back