Seed Stockers Seedstockers Wedding Glue - Solo Cup of Age and Treachery.......

Day 49: End of week 7. Things are stacking up pretty nicely. I did make a mistake and ended up with burnt curly tips! Ack! It was going so beautifully and now, crispy tips as a reminder to leave it alone if it's going fine.

The full shot:

P1040195.JPG

Flash on!

P1040196.JPG

Same shot different lights on or off:

P1040197.JPG

P1040198.JPG

P1040200.JPG

P1040205.JPG

Can see trichomes just starting to emerge:

P1040207.JPG

Thanks friend!

@Minime2020 -
I simply have an old point and shoot with some scene mode adjustments. A small tripod and a black suede coat hanging over a chair.

That's it! The backdrop is the big help.

I'm not a great photographer. I learned the backdrop trick from @Sour D I believe. I think he takes some really nice pics.

Thanks friend!

@Minime2020 -
I simply have an old point and shoot with some scene mode adjustments. A small tripod and a black suede coat hanging over a chair.

I'm not a great photographer. I learned the backdrop trick from @Sour D I believe. I think he takes some really nice pics.
Thanks for that I'll give it a go at the weekend

Thanks friend!

@Minime2020 -

White balance is another key. If your camera has custom or manual white balance, you should be able to place a white card or paper in the area you are shooting, move circle, square whatever to the white and shoot. that should give you the correct color for the lights you are using--even blurpies.

If your software has custom balance, take a picture with the piece of white in it. When you bring the pic into software, there should be a box regarding white balance or color temp. Clicking on that should bring up an eyedropper or something that you can click on the white spot and like magic your colors will be perfect.

If you have a white pipe, wall whatever, you can use that instead of the white card

Both methods, you should see a number re: white balance color. save that number for future shooting so you don't need to do the white card.

White balance is another key. If your camera has custom or manual white balance, you should be able to place a white card or paper in the area you are shooting, move circle, square whatever to the white and shoot. that should give you the correct color for the lights you are using--even blurpies.

If your software has custom balance, take a picture with the piece of white in it. When you bring the pic into software, there should be a box regarding white balance or color temp. Clicking on that should bring up an eyedropper or something that you can click on the white spot and like magic your colors will be perfect.

If you have a white pipe, wall whatever, you can use that instead of the white card

Both methods, you should see a number re: white balance color. save that number for future shooting so you don't need to do the white card.
An 18% grey card is going to be the most efficient way of adjusting WB, but unless you've got a camera with manual white balance that can be set that way @Sour D's method will work best for you.

An 18% grey card is going to be the most efficient way of adjusting WB, but unless you've got a camera with manual white balance that can be set that way @Sour D's method will work best for you.
I've had those white/grey cards but these days, as soon as I put something somewhere for safe keeping, I forget where I put it.:crying:

I've had those white/grey cards but these days, as soon as I put something somewhere for safe keeping, I forget where I put it.:crying:
Mine is clipped to my camera strap, I keep the white and black in my camera bag but never use them. I finally found my dslr but I could not find the charger anywhere (hubby and his annoying unpacking by sticking everything in random places that make no sense struck again) so I haven't gotten to do *real* glamor shots on any of the girls yet. Its since been located though, along with my XXL light box, so I'm stoked for pics when my big WMD girl comes down in a few weeks.

Back