SANlight Slater tests SANlight Q6W

Slater

Flowery Twats
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
SANlight Q6W product test

Welcome to the test of the SANlight Q6W LED grow light by Slater

[HASHTAG]#sanlight[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#Q6W[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#sanlightQ6W[/HASHTAG]

Before I start this test a huge massive thank you to AFN for giving me the opportunity and a massive shout out to @SANlight for letting us at AFN put there product through the ringer... I promise to be gentle

The unboxing...

Parcel arrived on a Sunday morning quite unexpected but in perfect time seen as I'm about to go into flower....Nice sized plain box with no obvious markings of what may lay inside... kids are well happy with box size as well, been decorated with murals and made into a den.

20181125_093509.jpg

When opened every thing had been well packed with recyclable packing paper... this is a win for me, I hate the corn packing foam, gets every where.

20181125_093607.jpg

Paper removed to find the tressure at the bottom of the box...

20181125_093636.jpg

As I'm removing one out of the large box I noted that it's got a bit of weight to it... Unpacked it, whipped it out and then marveled at the beast of a heat sink it has. No messing there, they be serious with this one.

20181125_094130.jpg

After a good inspection I can see that this light is extremely well made, no plastic to be seen apart from the one cable gland and the protective optics over the LED's... It's a very solid bit of kit.

After a bit of calming down from the excitement of the un-boxing I noted that the light did not come with any hangers. Not to much of problem for me as I got plenty of ways of hanging lights with my trusted box of really useful stuff... But if I was a first time home grower and I had just spanked the cash these puppy's cost I would be a little miffed that it had no form of hangers included.

It does come with a handy do's and don't manual (not a how to use manual). Stranded safety stuff in all the languages but with one very good warning... if you wanted to daisy chain quite few in row they recommend sending one of their engineers out to wire them all up for you... I've only two so I'm feeling pretty safe on this one... I think.

20181125_185742.jpg

I do like the optic coverings, looks easy to clean and I can imagine that if a little bit of foliar spray went a miss the diodes are protected... It does say in the manual it's not water proof so I won't be showering with them like you can with a Spectrum King... if your into that sort of thing.

20181125_094027.jpg

Holes for hanging are perfectly portioned and big enough to get a good size clip through

20181125_185530.jpg

Installing...

Hanging was a little tricky for me but that is due to my set up and nothing to do with the lights... I'm doing my usual style of letting the plants grow toward the light. I don''t have much head room so I have to mount as close to the top of the tent as I can.

20181126_110508.jpg

I chose to use the daisy chain option for the two lights... loving the connectors that wires it all together. Easy to join and very stable once connected. The 3 way adapter that daisy's them together has little clips on it to hold the plugs in, a little tricky to undo but not impossible if you use a flat head screw driver. Power cable is 2m long, perfect size for my set up.

20181126_121529.jpg

Lift Off...

Before you move on... this light is going to need a sound track... press play and please... put your sunglasses on

Boom we have light

First impressions... its bright

Second impression... its flipping bright, put your sunglasses on Slater

Now I wouldn't call this a "Burple" kind of light, its way different. Its more of a warm white light with a hint of pink running through it. Will take a little bit to get use to coming from my white light COB LED's... One thing I am missing already is the option of dimming the lights. I like to dim a little in veg to save on power, plus the girls don't need as much light in veg. I also like to dim when I open the tent to save the my eyes from the shock... It's not really that important and I don't hold it against the light, it's just one of those little luxury's I have gotten use to with my DIY builds.

After firing up I closed the tent up, switched off the heating system and kept an eye on the ambient temps in the tent... after about half hour the tent only rose buy about 5c to 6c. They do feel warm and are producing a little more heat than my COB's but they are kicking out no way near as much heat as the generic Chinese burple lights can... drivers will be contributing to this heat as they are built into the units... Again another luxury I have taken for granted with my DIY builds by placing the drivers on the out side of the tent to remove heat... winter is coming so I'm not complaining, the extra little bit of heat will go a long way.

20181126_112025.jpg

So what are we growing for this first run with the SANlight Q6W... Zombie Kush by Ripper seeds

I've grown this strain twice before so I got a good idea what I'm in for. This run is from seed and I'm looking for a keeper. This strain is one of my faves, great taste with a hard hitting stone. Leave it for a 3 month cure and its a divine smoke with deep blackberry turps. Nugs are super tight, super dusty with trics and rock hard with a golden purple hue to them, they clonk hard when dropped into a jar.

The growing weapons for this round will be

Remo full line up
Mammoth P
Urb
Biosys
with plenty of folia spraying in veg and the first two weeks of flower (kelp, epsom salts and Overgrow by optic folia)
run to waste system

Right lets get this test underway, going to veg for couple more days just fill the net in a little bit more then we will shall go into flower.

Grow safe people, keep it green and will...
giphy23.gif

Last edited:

[HASHTAG]#sanlight[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#Q6W[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#sanlightQ6W[/HASHTAG]

Before I start this test a huge massive thank you to AFN for giving me the opportunity and a massive shout out to @SANlight for letting us at AFN put there product through the ringer... I promise to be gentle

The unboxing...

Parcel arrived on a Sunday morning quite unexpected but in perfect time seen as I'm about to go into flower....Nice sized plain box with no obvious markings of what may lay inside... kids are well happy with box size as well, been decorated with murals and made into a den.

View attachment 978593

When opened every thing had been well packed with recyclable packing paper... this is a win for me, I hate the corn packing foam, gets every where.

View attachment 978594

View attachment 978595

As I'm removing one out of the large box I noted that it's got a bit of weight to it... Unpacked it, whipped it out and then marveled at the beast of a heat sink it has. No messing there, they be serious with this one.

View attachment 978606

After a good inspection I can see that this light is extremely well made, no plastic to be seen apart
from the one cable gland and the protective optics over the LED's... It's a very solid bit of kit.

After a bit of calming down from the excitement of the un-boxing I noted that the light did not come with any hangers. Not to much of problem for me as I got plenty of ways of hanging lights with my trusted box of really useful stuff... But if I was a first time home grower and I had just spanked the cash these puppy's cost I would be a little miffed that it had no form of hangers included.

It does come with a handy do's and don't manual (not a how to use manual). Stranded safety stuff in all the languages but with one very good warning... if you wanted to daisy chain quite few in row they recommend sending one of their engineers out to wire them all up for you... I've only two so I'm feeling pretty safe on this one... I think.

View attachment 978610

I do like the optic coverings, looks easy to clean and I can imagine that if a little bit of foliar spray went a miss the diodes are protected... It does say in the manual it's not water proof so I won't be showering with them like you can with a Spectrum King... if your into that sort of thing.

View attachment 978605

Holes for hanging are perfectly portioned and big enough to get a good size clip through

View attachment 978608

Installing...

Hanging was a little tricky for me but that is due to my set up and nothing to do with the lights... I'm doing my usual style of letting the plants grow toward the light. I don''t have much head room so I have to mount as close to the top of the tent as I can.

View attachment 978611
I chose to use the daisy chain option for the two lights... loving the connectors that wires it all together. Easy to join and very stable once connected. The 3 way adapter that daisy's them together has little clips on it to hold the plugs in, a little tricky to undo but not impossible if you use a flat head screw driver. Power cable is 2m long, perfect size for my set up.

View attachment 978613
Lift Off...

Before you move on... this light is going to need a sound track... press play and please... put your sunglasses on

Boom we have light

Now I wouldn't call this a "Burple" kind of light, its way different. Its more of a warm white light with a hint of pink running through it. Will take a little bit to get use to coming from my white light COB LED's... One thing I am missing already is the option of dimming the lights. I like to dim a little in veg to save on power, plus the girls don't need as much light in veg. I also like to dim when I open the tent to save the my eyes from the shock... It's not really that important and I don't hold it against the light, it's just one of those little luxury's I have gotten use to with my DIY builds.

After firing up I closed the tent up, switched off the heating system and kept an eye on the ambient temps in the tent... after about half hour the tent only rose buy about 5c to 6c. They do feel warm and are producing a little more heat than my COB's but they are kicking out no way near as much heat as the generic Chinese burple lights can... drivers will be contributing to this heat as they are built into the units... Again another luxury I have taken for granted with my DIY builds by placing the drivers on the out side of the tent to remove heat... winter is coming so I'm not complaining, the extra little bit of heat will go a long way.

View attachment 978612

So what are we growing for this first run with the SANlight Q6W... Zombie Kush by Ripper seeds

I've grown this strain twice before so I got a good idea what I'm in for. This run is from seed and I'm looking for a keeper. This strain is one of my faves, great taste with a hard hitting stone. Leave it for a 3 month cure and its a divine smoke with deep blackberry turps. Nugs are super tight, super dusty with trics and rock hard with a golden purple hue to them, they clonk hard when dropped into a jar.

Remo full line up
Mammoth P
Urb
Biosys
with plenty of folia spraying in veg and the first two weeks of flower (kelp, epsom salts and Overgrow by optic folia)
run to waste system

Right lets get this test underway, going to veg for couple more days just fill the net in a little bit more then we will shall go into flower.

Grow safe people, keep it green and will...View attachment 978639

slater lets get this show on the road and a great write up my friend i also will promote your grow same as my own its so happy for both of us also it says min hanging distance is 15 cm im growing seedlings so i put mine at around 50 with just 1 light one any input on hanging hight id appreciate pal

slater lets get this show on the road and a great write up my friend i also will promote your grow same as my own its so happy for both of us also it says min hanging distance is 15 cm im growing seedlings so i put mine at around 50 with just 1 light one any input on hanging hight id appreciate pal

I think that 15cm is just a measurement for the distance for surrounding objects / tent from the light... at a guess I would be a good 21" from the plants at a seedling stage. In flower I recon about the 15" to 10" mark, play it by eye. I placed my hand under the diodes quite close and waited to for it to heat up. Took a little more time than expected, I bet we can get them close.

The unboxing...

View attachment 978593

View attachment 978594

View attachment 978595

View attachment 978606

After a good inspection I can see that this light is extremely well made, no plastic to be seen apart
from the one cable gland and the protective optics over the LED's... It's a very solid bit of kit.

View attachment 978610

View attachment 978605

View attachment 978608

Installing...

View attachment 978611

View attachment 978613
Lift Off...

Boom we have light

View attachment 978612

Remo full line up
Mammoth P
Urb
Biosys
run to waste system

Grow safe people, keep it green and will...View attachment 978639

knocking the reviews/test out of the park as always slater do you guys know if anyones is testing the s4w if you guys like the lights il probly buy two to put along side my telos also got myself some zombie coming ripper seeds was doing a great black friday deal got the the bubba line washing machine zombie and bubba kush and some of there limited line have you checked that out yet purple punch x do-si-do. white widow x mendo purps . animal cookies x og badazz thats all i can remember picked up another few aswell il certainly be looking to see what phenos are keepers:pass:

Last edited:
Back