So calmag not working?!? Or is this something else!?! (week 5 flower)

man10101

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hello and thanks for reading!

So im growing 8 Wedding Glue autos from fastbuds
Seeds dropped on 1/4
Am now in week 5 of flower
In Gold label Special Mix soil
Feeding dutch pro nutes with dutch pro Take Root (now stopped) Multi Total, Explode and started giving calmag 4 feeds ago

Last feed 5 litres per plant @ A&B Bloom 2ml per litre, Multi Total 1ml per litre, Explode 1ml per litre and Calmag 1ml per litre
Being feed every 3 - 4 days Last 2 feeds were 4 days apart using "lift pot method" and look of plant to tell when to feed
Ph ranges from 5.8 - 6.3

So i had what i believed to be a calmag deficiency start to show on a plant or 2 a few weeks ago (yellowing with brown spots)
Got hold of some calmag the week later and started them all on a low dose of .25ml (19/5) then next feed .5ml (23/5) then last 2 feeds 1ml per litre (27/5 and 31/5)
Not sure if the calmag is doing anything as still getting yellowing with brown spots?!?

Is this because i took too long to get to a full dose and should of started with 1m per litre so the plants are still catching up with getting calmag?!?
Or is this something else!?!

Any help gratefully received!

20220602_075359.jpg

20220602_075322.jpg

20220602_075312.jpg

If planted on 1/4 (Jan 4th?) and it's now into June, I'm thinking end of life fade.... 3 months/90 days is the timeline I use, some a little less, some a little more.....

Could OP possibly be from a country that does dates backwards from the US so it would read April 1st?
Shyte, could be, I didn't think about that.....1st two pics show lots of browned pistils and very few white left so I assumed it was Jan and they were about done.

Looks like she needs some feeding to me. What EC does your meter say?

:pass:

A key could be to study the leafs of the smallest plant and then the biggest plant.
If the bigger one gets yellow and the smaller one is still green, you know that you need to raise those nutes, (normally), or your smaller one will get yellow as well.

Last edited:
If planted on 1/4 (Jan 4th?) and it's now into June, I'm thinking end of life fade.... 3 months/90 days is the timeline I use, some a little less, some a little more.....
Hi @Bill.de.Cat !
Thanks for your reply
Yes sorry am in UK so 1st April (1/4!) was planting day!

Last edited:
Looks like she needs some feeding to me. What EC does your meter say?

:pass:

A key could be to study the leafs of the smallest plant and then the biggest plant.
If the bigger one gets yellow and the smaller one is still green, you know that you need to raise those nutes, (normally), or your smaller one will get yellow as well.

HI @Xmas !
Thanks for your reply!

At the mo im using dutch pro nutes but im feeding less than the schedule says
For week 5 it says Bloom feed should be at 3ml per litre but im giving 2ml
Im doing me best not to over feed!

May be worth upping the dose!?!

Im in soil n dont use a ec meter
I jus check ph going in n coming out
No ph problems yet!

Im feeding nutes every watering if that makes a difference?!?

HI @Xmas !
Thanks for your reply!

At the mo im using dutch pro nutes but im feeding less than the schedule says
For week 5 it says Bloom feed should be at 3ml per litre but im giving 2ml
Im doing me best not to over feed!

May be worth upping the dose!?!

Im in soil n dont use a ec meter
I jus check ph going in n coming out
No ph problems yet!

Im feeding nutes every watering if that makes a difference?!?

Sorry, am a bit sensitive to !!!??!!!?!!
Please, try to not to use so many !!!!! It makes me feel offended in some way - weird, I know.

But anyway, when I learned to grow I just started all over again until i got it right.
Dont up anything coz i say so, then there is a chance you fail with the grow. Up the nutes if you think the girls wants some more feed.

Then there is this with watering... in soil it’s complicated. Have you tried coco?
I got 450 grams on my second attempt in coco, from 1 autoflower.

Sorry, am a bit sensitive to !!!??!!!?!!
Please, try to not to use so many !!!!! It makes me feel offended in some way - weird, I know.

But anyway, when I learned to grow I just started all over again until i got it right.
Dont up anything coz i say so, then there is a chance you fail with the grow. Up the nutes if you think the girls wants some more feed.

Then there is this with watering... in soil it’s complicated. Have you tried coco?
I got 450 grams on my second attempt in coco, from 1 autoflower.

Ha! No worries

N yeah was thinking coco for next grow
Done 6 grows now but all in soil (Gold Label)

Im liking 450g from 1 plant
This is only my second grow with autos
Im loving the speed they grow at
Dont think ill be going back to photos!

Back