Mephisto Genetics Sour Stomper LST help

Oh, that emoticon! Been smoking almost daily for 10-12 years now and then completely stopped at the start of this year (no more buying cause of ... reasons, hello growing!) . One more week and it's harvest time for the old ones! :evil1::pass::smokeit:

also 1 more thing to add, any fan leaf that is touching the dirt i would cut that off, i personally dont like my leaves touching the soil. not saying this is correct, its just what i do.
Nope, keep the leaves off the soil… you are correct sir.

I read that in Newman's voice. :lol: Impossible to resist!

Roxxy's LST is going well. She was growing mostly on one side of the pot, now she's spreading evenly across.

View attachment 1592714

I topped Sonya, because there's simply no resisting Newman's voice. Tried to avoid and not hurt the side growth:
View attachment 1592715
View attachment 1592716
View attachment 1592717

All seems to have gone well, but I think I see a problem with young Sonya. Those top leaves that started arching down.
Any idea if overwatering or underwatering may be an issue and if so, which?
I'm guessing it can't be the light, but I'm just not sure between too much or not enough water.
Might be N toxicity. Just the start though. Could be wrong

Let's hope not. I'm growing them in soil (Biobizz Light-mix mixed with some worm castings). They both get plain water. Biotabs tablets added 2-3 weeks in. Just added them today for Sonya (the sickly looking one).
Could be some nutrient issue, but I'd expect to see it in the older one first?!
Assume it was N toxicity, what would the solution be? Feed them correctly from now on and the new leaves should look healthy again. The old ones remain as they are but the plant recovers?

Let's hope not. I'm growing them in soil (Biobizz Light-mix mixed with some worm castings). They both get plain water. Biotabs tablets added 2-3 weeks in. Just added them today for Sonya (the sickly looking one).
Could be some nutrient issue, but I'd expect to see it in the older one first?!
Assume it was N toxicity, what would the solution be? Feed them correctly from now on and the new leaves should look healthy again. The old ones remain as they are but the plant recovers?
Just back off whatever your giving her other than water for now. Sour stomper is pretty N sensitive, i had random claws all over:rofl: Just give her water and in a few days she should be back up. Im sure somewhere in my photos you can see mine doing the same thing. And just some noob to noob advice i wish someone would have told me - your plant doesnt need to be perfect to yield good bud. Have fun and just focus on start to finish dont get caught up trying to diagnose every issue you will drive yourself crazy. you will see what works and what doesnt. Your plants look great! :greenthumb:

You should lolipop her in a few days after she bounces back. not sure if this is really "lolipopping" but i cut the first nodes off the bottom 4 branches, if that makes sense. if it doesnt tell me ill take a picture of what i mean. it directs more energy to the top and youll have a more even canopy.

Take a picture please, if you can. 😊

edit: thanks for the kind words! It does help put my mind to ease. And, yeah, a pic or two definitely help me t ofigure out how to go about it.

Take a picture please, if you can. 😊

edit: thanks for the kind words! It does help put my mind to ease. And, yeah, a pic or two definitely help me t ofigure out how to go about it.
I wait until the branch has at least 2 nodes because in my head that's when it's mature enough for some abuse. So I didn't do it to the top 2 branches yet but all the other ones were ready.
(This is TDV not sour stomper.)
20230512_161620.jpg

20230512_161601.jpg

Cheers, got it this time.
Following in your steps:
  • Sonya lolipopped a bit more
    1684172730136.jpg
  • Roxxy less, just a tiny bit
    1684172730124.jpg
Going to compare the effects between them as they grow, out of curiosity.

Cheers, got it this time.
Following in your steps:
Going to compare the effects between them as they grow, out of curiosity.
Looks good! If you notice 1 branch isnt catching up with the others, untie it and let it catch up but keep tying down the others. If you feel the branch getting stiff dont keep bending from there go up the branch more where its easier to bend over. just play with her till your satified with how even the canopy is. you could even give her a riser underneath the pot so its the same height as your other girl. :d5: :pass:

Back