Gnome Automatics Sourcing Bobby's widow regs

I actually have some Bobby's Widow regs growing outside right now
PXL_20230526_213851369.MP.jpg

Hey @Mossy would it be possible to select a male and transplant it into another container and let it finish inside to collect the pollen? And then pollinate branches of other plants? I don't really want to pollinate everything if I grow a male in with everything

I actually have some Bobby's Widow regs growing outside right now
View attachment 1597341
Hey @Mossy would it be possible to select a male and transplant it into another container and let it finish inside to collect the pollen? And then pollinate branches of other plants? I don't really want to pollinate everything if I grow a male in with everything

I'd be more tempted to get one up to sex....then when you See the balls start to Drop....cut it down and stick it in a glass of water...it will keep going like a cut flower.....and it will drop pollen.... :headbang: ...

I'd be more tempted to get one up to sex....then when you See the balls start to Drop....cut it down and stick it in a glass of water...it will keep going like a cut flower.....and it will drop pollen.... :headbang: ...
So leave it in the pot up until the balls are just about to open, cut it at the base and put it in some water under a light or in a window? I think I can handle that:bighug: I have a bunch of stone dragons out there too I've kinda wanted to play with

Gonna ride it out and see what happens, I just want to reproduce all my regs so I don't lose them. Trying to preserve these genetics! I've got a bunch of good strains I really like and am hoping to keep around so I can acclimate them to growing outdoor in the inhospitable pnw.

Yup....slip a bit of parchment paper under the glass of water....and the pollen will drop onto it.

Stages of ball development....... :biggrin: ...

When they first appear they are Tight to the mainstem...

then they develop stems and start to drop....

You will see the ball getting fatter..then they are going to start pollenating...... :headbang:..that's the time to cut the plant down.

Yup....slip a bit of parchment paper under the glass of water....and the pollen will drop onto it.

Stages of ball development....... :biggrin: ...

When they first appear they are Tight to the mainstem...

then they develop stems and start to drop....

You will see the ball getting fatter..then they are going to start pollenating...... :headbang:..that's the time to cut the plant down.
If it starts to droop in the glass of water, try cutting of a few of the bigger leaves to slow transpiration.

Back