SSSC SSSC - Auto Elephant. A Mugwamp Production in Glourious Technicolor

both looking decent my girl I thought would be a big plant like the other strains we have run but shes a medium-sized girl but still looking decent
That's good info to know mate thanks :thumbsup: one thing, I think I may of put those square Autopot filter screen things in the wrong places :yoinks: do you think it'll matter?

That's good info to know mate thanks :thumbsup: one thing, I think I may of put those square Autopot filter screen things in the wrong places :yoinks: do you think it'll matter?
what way have you done it I have the copper ones in the bottoms of my bases pointing up and the black just at the bottom of the pots

what way have you done it I have the copper ones in the bottoms of my bases pointing up and the black just at the bottom of the pots

They just stop the soil and roots going into the bases so they don't clog up (I think) ... I just throw mine in the bottom of the pots.

:vibe:

Yeah I did it the other way round :doh:I have the copper one at the bottom of the pot and the thin black one in tray d'oh. As long as it still lets nutrients flow through it should be ok, I hope :crying:

They just stop the soil and roots going into the bases so they don't clog up (I think) ... I just throw mine in the bottom of the pots.

Thanks Blue that's good to hear :pass:

i think the American ones they say to do it opposite I think but as blue said just make sure the roots are not getting out of control also all the last few years of having autopot problems I think I've figured it out I never used to use the lids on the bases so I could see if they blocked but with no lid my ph must of been having terrible ph swings so don't do as I did use the lids as hopefully I may of sussed out why I had so many problems

i think the American ones they say to do it opposite I think but as blue said just make sure the roots are not getting out of control also all the last few years of having autopot problems I think I've figured it out I never used to use the lids on the bases so I could see if they blocked but with no lid my ph must of been having terrible ph swings so don't do as I did use the lids as hopefully I may of sussed out why I had so many problems
That makes sense keeping the lid on, or else you'll be heating up the nutes in the tray. One other thing, is it better to make up a small amounts, like 5 litres at a time and add to the res when it gets low? As I mentioned earlier, my first Autopot grow was pretty poor and I was wondering if having the res almost full and it taking weeks to go down had something to do with it, like the nutes going stale, is that possible? I checked the ph regularly.

That makes sense keeping the lid on, or else you'll be heating up the nutes in the tray. One other thing, is it better to make up a small amounts, like 5 litres at a time and add to the res when it gets low? As I mentioned earlier, my first Autopot grow was pretty poor and I was wondering if having the res almost full and it taking weeks to go down had something to do with it, like the nutes going stale, is that possible? I checked the ph regularly.
i make it in 20 litres in veg it can last me well over a week without throwing it away just make sure to either stir it a couple of times a day or get a submersible pump and run that but not an airstone it messes with your ph and once there in flower and drinking loads I fill it up with 40 litres a time and if I'm top feeding plants in the same grow I just dip my jug in the res so they all get the same food bro .so the short answer is a week is no problem just keep it agitated or stirred and do you like my botch up stick

Attachments

• 20210602_131624.jpg
    20210602_131624.jpg
    925.8 KB · Views: 27
Week 4, Day 24
Auto Elephant
Day 24
I haven't decided yet, but I may wait until she starts flowering before I turn the Autopot on. That way I know she has had as good a start to life as with the rest of my plants, and if it does all go to crap, I'll know the reason why :crying: She's probably only got another week or so of veg, and I don't want to be farting around swapping the feed in Res from veg to pre flower and then to bloom, we'll see :baked:

When I was feeding her earlier, I noticed the first few roots coming out the bottom of pot :woohoo1: so she's pretty much ready to go on the Res.
Also I did a little lst on her yesterday, just to open her up a bit :thumbsup: it's a work in progress.
Auto Elephant (1)
Day 23
20210602_152544.jpg
20210602_152535.jpg

Today
Day 24
20210603_201128.jpg
20210603_201119.jpg
20210603_201153.jpg

Ellie is still plodding along :nono: I was hoping she would of grown out of whatever it is thats causing the funky looking leaves :shrug: but that doesn't look like happening anytime soon :cuss:
Auto Elephant (2)
Day 18
20210603_201305.jpg
20210603_201257.jpg
20210603_201531.jpg

20210603_201817.jpg

Week 4, Day 26 First Pistils
Auto Elephant/Oliphant
Day 26
All looking good with Nelly, so far :woohoo1: and after the bit of lst, she's beginning to get quite a nice shape to her :thumbsup: Also her first pistils have made an appearance :woohoo:
There's a lot more roots trying to escape from bottom of pot, so when it's time for her next feed, I think it would be a good time to turn the Autopot on :toke:
20210605_230554.jpg
20210605_230635.jpg
20210605_195543.jpg
20210605_195607(0).jpg

20210605_150254.jpg

Back