SSSC SSSC - Auto Elephant. A Mugwamp Production in Glourious Technicolor

Week 9, Day 62
Auto Oliphant
Day 62
So far so good :thumbsup: she's looking much better now and she's got the colour back in her leaves.
Which I don't get how, she is on the exact same feed as what I was putting in the bin (res) when she had the Autopot feeding her :shrug: just getting a lot less now.
I'm feeding her every 2 days, around 3ltr at a time. I'm suffering a bit with high temps and humidity though, the walls are dripping wet with moisture :yoinks:
20210710_205913.jpg

It's a regular occurrence and I'm not bothered, not once have I had bud rot with auto's. I probably shouldn't of said that :crying:
Auto Oliphant
20210711_143529.jpg
20210711_143602.jpg
20210711_143635.jpg
20210711_143706.jpg
20210711_143716.jpg

Auto Oliphant 2
She's doing ok, leaves aren't as funky and discoloured as they were at the beginning and she's putting on a bit of weight, I may get ¾ oz, if I'm lucky :cooldance:
20210711_145551.jpg
20210711_145618.jpg
20210711_145625.jpg

Week 10, Day 65
Auto Oliphant
Day 65
Well, I've had another couple of stoner moments :doh: I was moving the plants around after feeding, and I put the big Oliphant to close to the oscillating fan :yoinks: luckily it was just the one cola effected, just a little rubbed at the very top :thumbsup: unluckily though, it was the bloody biggest :cuss:
20210714_122914.jpg

and secondly, I was wondering why the heat and humidity were higher than usual :shrug: I had the extractor fan turned right down :crying: Do'h
20210714_122839.jpg
20210714_122903.jpg
20210714_122925.jpg

Week 11, Day 71 Bud Rot
Auto Oliphant
Well, I'll cut straight to the point, Bud bloody Rot :cuss: It was only in a couple of the buds, and It's been over a week now since I chopped the moldy buds out, and so far, I haven't noticed anymore :nono:
I reckon it's because I had to switch the light cycle to 12/12, as I have another Auto, by a different breeder, that turned out to be a Photoperiod :wall:
Which meant the pots were taking a lot longer to dry out, so more moisture in tent than usual :shrug: that and having the extractor turned down low for a while :doh: I've stopped watering her to run off now anyway, I'm just giving her half a litre here and there and so far so good ish :rofl:

Auto Oliphant
Day 71
20210719_154906.jpg
20210719_154821.jpg
20210719_153820.jpg
20210719_153647.jpg

Auto Oliphant
Day 79
20210728_121923.jpg
20210728_121932.jpg
20210728_121957.jpg
20210728_121949.jpg

Auto Oliphant 2 (small pot)
I even found one bud on this one that had rot :yoinks:
I chopped it out and so far, no more to be seen :thumbsup:
20210728_122205.jpg
20210728_122221.jpg

You win some and you lose some, I'm still gutted, but at least I'll still get something off it :toke:

It's a shame about the budrot, I know all about it. But it seems you'll have plenty of bud to go around buddy :thumbsup:

The genetics of that Oliphant look just great. Real shame about the rot. The bloody things we growers have to put up with :nono:

It's a shame about the budrot, I know all about it. But it seems you'll have plenty of bud to go around buddy :thumbsup:
The genetics of that Oliphant look just great. Real shame about the rot. The bloody things we growers have to put up with :nono:
Yeah it's a real bugger to say the least, but it's not the end of the world, well, not yet anyway :rofl:

The thing is, I've never had bud rot on an Auto before, but I'm sort of pleased :yoinks: at least now I know how, and why I got a bit of rot when I tried a Photoperiod grow a few months back :thumbsup: next time I do Photo's, I'll stop watering as much when I switch to 12/12, and fingers crossed, It'll help stop any rot appearing, we'll see in time I suppose :crying:

Yeah it's a real bugger to say the least, but it's not the end of the world, well, not yet anyway :rofl:

The thing is, I've never had bud rot on an Auto before, but I'm sort of pleased :yoinks: at least now I know how, and why I got a bit of rot when I tried a Photoperiod grow a few months back :thumbsup: next time I do Photo's, I'll stop watering as much when I switch to 12/12, and fingers crossed, It'll help stop any rot appearing, we'll see in time I suppose :crying:
Sorry to hear about the rot, that sucks. Been there a few times, and it is frustrating and disappointing. With luck, you have nipped in the bud, so to speak.

The Rotblock tests seem to be going well so far, I haven't heard of any developing mold. My test is not really a fair indication for colas like yours, but I have zero visible rot even though the humidity down there is regularly close to 99%. Guttation is the norm in the morning. If I escape, it will be because of the Rotblock. Every previous grow down there has developed mold, even when buds were relatively small and open in cola structure. If I continue with summer grows, Rotblock will be a standard part of the tool set. Putting some in your kit might make sense.

Good luck with the rest of the grow, I hope the rot does not rear its ugly head again. :pighug:

You have to try and get the RH under control. But some parts of the world it is easier said then done. That is a nice looking plant.

Sorry to hear about the rot, that sucks. Been there a few times, and it is frustrating and disappointing. With luck, you have nipped in the bud, so to speak.

The Rotblock tests seem to be going well so far, I haven't heard of any developing mold. My test is not really a fair indication for colas like yours, but I have zero visible rot even though the humidity down there is regularly close to 99%. Guttation is the norm in the morning. If I escape, it will be because of the Rotblock. Every previous grow down there has developed mold, even when buds were relatively small and open in cola structure. If I continue with summer grows, Rotblock will be a standard part of the tool set. Putting some in your kit might make sense.

Good luck with the rest of the grow, I hope the rot does not rear its ugly head again. :pighug:
Thanks mate much appreciated :d5: I just had a look to see if I could find any Rotblock, and for some reason, I can't. I tried Amazon and Ebay and no joy :shrug: I googled it too and all I could find is the hemp wrap thing, but none for sale here in the UK :pass:

Thanks mate much appreciated :d5: I just had a look to see if I could find any Rotblock, and for some reason, I can't. I tried Amazon and Ebay and no joy :shrug: I googled it too and all I could find is the hemp wrap thing, but none for sale here in the UK :pass:
Try looking for Phyter. Also, I am tagging @Phyter to see if he can direct you to a source.

Good luck with it. :pighug:

Back