Indoor Starting over again

I've never heard of adding gerber baby cereal to growing mix.what's it for?

the best explanation is on FD's guide to growing hefty autos. i just started doin it because he puts it in his and i thought it was worth a shot. he knows his stuff so go check out his article and read up on it he explains it very well. also there is another post on the site about it also that gets pretty scientific about it.

(pic) Leaf edges starting to curl upwards

hello all. i took some advice a little while ago and added a weak nute water to my plants and now i noticed the leaf edges curling upwards a little. in the past i had this because of the light bein to close and heat did it but my 600mh light is 24" from the one doin this and a couple others are doin it as well but not as bad. the question is should i flush them or just let them go and work it out. nutes, heat, orerwatering? they were pretty dry when i watered.

Attachments

• IMG_20110219_154944.jpg
    IMG_20110219_154944.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 82
hmmm... curious... overwatering maybe? not likely though... hmmm did you try pushing your finger into the soil before you watered? should be slightly damp prior to watering... but not wet... just slightly damp... curling sounds like over-nute... but that doesn't make sense from everything else you said... lemme check sometin...

ok... pick through this and see what symptoms match... then lets talk again..

sounds like a deficinecy tho:

Quick Deficiency Guide

Nitrogen: Entire plant is light green in color; lower leaves are yellow; growth is stunted....

Phosphorous: Entire plant is bluish-green, often developing a red or purpleish cast; lower leaves may be yellow, drying to a greenish-brown to black color; growth may be stunted...

Potassium: Leaves have a papery appearance; dead areas along the edges of leaves; growth is stunted...

Magnesium: Lower leaves turn yellow along the tips and margin and between the veins; the lower leaves wilt...

Calcium: Young stems and new leaves die...

Zinc: Leaf tissue between the veins is lighter in color; yellowed; papery in appearance...

Iron: Leaf tissue appears yellow, while the veins remain green...

Copper: Leaf edges appear dark green or blue; leaf edges curl upward; young leaves permanently wilt...

Sulfur: Young leaves turn pale green, while the older leaves remain green; plant is stunted and spindly...

Mananese: Growth is stunted; lower leaves have a checkered pattern of yellow and green...

Molybdenum: Leaves are stunted, pale green, and malformed...

Boron: Young leaves are scorched at tips and margins...

hey john. i checked the soil and it was barely moist pretty dry. but i never noticed it before the nutes but it happened so soon after it doesnt seem possible. is kinda weird. i wonder if it is possible i have to much air flowing across them. i kinda was reminded of heat stress from the light bein to close but they never did it before. its only on 4 of the 12 also. leaf tips curl is more common i think but this is the actual edges of the leaf the tips are still fine as are the new tiny leaves startin. the nutes were weak so i dont see how it could do that let alone so fast. then again its saturday and i may just be lookin at them more and noticed it when it has possibly been like that longer but i give them a once over 3 times a day and check everything and take pics. is nuts. any ideas or help are greatly appreciated.

looked over the symptoms you sent and none actually match. they seem healthy and nice green look with well formed stems and leaves. #5 had that small yellow spot on 1 leaf was all i could find but it actually seems smaller after the nutes but the leaves on that one and 3 others have that slight edge curl. weird.

a better pic in normal light

ok i moved it from the room and took this under normal light. other than the leaf curl it looks good to me. the green is nice and evenly colored and all but got me baffled.

Attachments

• IMG_20110219_170952.jpg
    IMG_20110219_170952.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 96
Magnesium: Lower leaves turn yellow along the tips and margin and between the veins; the lower leaves wilt...

Potassium: Leaves have a papery appearance; dead areas along the edges of leaves; growth is stunted...

Nitrogen: Entire plant is light green in color; lower leaves are yellow; growth is stunted....

sounds like primarily magnesium but potassium may also be a factor... the nitrogen should be ok.. as you just added it.... so some of your flower nutes (VERY VERY light dose) and more importantly... some epsom salts (magnesium) use at rate of 1 tsp per gal.... ...also in regards to baby cereal... :

baby cereal nutrition.jpg
you may see the benefits now... this doesnt even have the DHA... next time Ill get DHA as it adds even more benfits!
Certainly an easy source of calcium at the least among a few other trace elements and such

EDIT: after you last photo... just a little epsom salts.... let it ride a few days and see how they respond... usually takes a day or so to really "show the money baby"

lookin fine bro
:)

Back