Tyler_Durden88

It's all about the Trichomes
Reaction score
I keep getting questions on how I transplant so here's a thread on how and when I do it. I know alot of ppl start in their final pots but there's a better chance of dampening off in a big pot and transplanting gives you faster growth and a overall healthier plant.

• I start my babies in a Styrofoam cup but a solo cup works as well. The Styrofoam is easier to work with so I reccomend that.
• once your seedlings have 3 nodes and have a decent established root system it's time to transplant.
•Wait for the medium to dry out so the roots and medium stay together and don't fall apart usually 1 day is fine.
• Now take a razor blade and carefully cut away the cup. Don't cut deeply cut just enough for the cup to come apart.
• Carfully pull the cup away as not to disturb or harm the roots and then place it in the bigger pot that should be ready and waiting for the transplant.
• Once the seedlings transplanted water your plant and use any root mass or growth accelerators like voodoo juice or kelp juice if you have them.
• You want to thoroughly water to bind the two mediums together but don't drown the thing. And I advise waiting a couple days or at least until the medium is less than 50% dry to water again.

Heres some pics to help show the process.

20190313_192920.jpg
20190313_192318.jpg
20190313_192253.jpg
20190313_192156.jpg

Nice write up Tyler. I do something similar sometimes. I saw it here a while back. I place the cup in the final pot and make a perfect hole
for the transplant. I pull the cup out cut the bottom off then cut upthe side holding the cup together when making the side cuts u can leave a little at the top and bottom to hold together which will break as soon as u wiggle and pull. I slip the cup into the hole made earlier then finish the cut on both sides and while holding the young lady in place wiggle half side out-at a time. . No chance of break up this may be a better way for new folks trying.

Nice write up Tyler. I do something similar sometimes. I saw it here a while back. I place the cup in the final pot and make a perfect hole
for the transplant. I pull the cup out cut the bottom off then cut upthe side holding the cup together when making the side cuts u can leave a little at the top and bottom to hold together which will break as soon as u wiggle and pull. I slip the cup into the hole made earlier then finish the cut on both sides and while holding the young lady in place wiggle half side out-at a time. . No chance of break up this may be a better way for new folks trying.
This is the method I use as well. Do you notice any difference in growth rate of transplants?

This is the method I use as well. Do you notice any difference in growth rate of transplants?
I believe starting in a small container and transplanting makes it easier to get fast growth. I use whatever I have on hand trying to stop cutting and throwing out so I been trying out Clone cones from rain science

I believe starting in a small container and transplanting makes it easier to get fast growth. I use whatever I have on hand trying to stop cutting and throwing out so I been trying out Clone cones from rain science
I feel as of the seedings grow faster in a small container

I start all mine off in a COWPOT. They're made of manure and perfect as long as you don't over-water. I water with an eye dropper. Soaking wet cowpots will fall apart. When the 4 inch pot has a 3 inch plant in it, the whole pot is planted in a larger pot to complete its life. The roots grow right through the cowpot and into the compost/soil. I haven't lost a plant and haven't seen any that appeared to slow down after the transplant. The slow downs that I've seen have mostly been when outside temperatures were shocking to the seedling.

I start all mine off in a COWPOT. They're made of manure and perfect as long as you don't over-water. I water with an eye dropper. Soaking wet cowpots will fall apart. When the 4 inch pot has a 3 inch plant in it, the whole pot is planted in a larger pot to complete its life. The roots grow right through the cowpot and into the compost/soil. I haven't lost a plant and haven't seen any that appeared to slow down after the transplant. The slow downs that I've seen have mostly been when outside temperatures were shocking to the seedling.
Yea I've done that with homemade fabric pots. The main thing I find out is when you transplant. Not to early not to late.

Back