Techniques for Preventing Mold

Theres 2 products that come to mind
bud rot stop
and one from plant magic called "essence" which puts trichoderma on the leafs which helps with lst mold which may help with grey mold
I never have used either

Outdoor crop has been neglected this year. Not looking so good - i'll update nxt couple days with some pics of my dome

I love those purples and the trichomes, oh the trichomes!
Would be interested to know how these smoked, any chance of an update?

The best thing anyone can do to prevent mold is to... do your research... find strains that have a proven track record of resistance.. And find a strain that is breed outside. That way you can get better feedback from the breeder.

and the best way to get mold prevention is to breed your own seed outside that way you can select for mold free phenos.

its very easy to speak, if the seeds bank sold good genetics we dont have to hurry about mold. last year i grow some beans wich by the seeds bank was mold resistente but i have mold anyway...

its very easy to speak, if the seeds bank sold good genetics we dont have to hurry about mold. last year i grow some beans wich by the seeds bank was mold resistente but i have mold anyway...

Thats why forums are so valuable for anyone who needs to see proof.

Make a tea from common horsetail or field horsetail to prevent the mold and fungi.
Take 1 kg of fresh common horsetail or field horsetail or 150g dried.
boil up 10 l of water mix and let slowly shimmer 30 min.
Sieve and dilute 1:5 spray the plans.

This is an old Finnish recipe for preventing the mold. It's still being used for strawberry by biodynamic farmers. Field horsetail contains silicates and there for thickens plants cell walls. I got some recipes like this if you are intrested.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the inut purple rain, im actually taking a botany class (in the process of getting an Env. Science degree) and my teacher mentioned something about horsetails. please share your recipes.

Which is why you check out people's grows before buying the beans. Don't trust the company, trust the grows. Check out the highrise gear and grows some time. They grow those plants at 45 N in swamps. No really, literally in standing water in swamps. No mold.

Back