Techniques for Preventing Mold

yes many of the breeders on this forum specifically breed mold resistant varieties.... by natural selection... highrise is killer... and autos.... check out mossy's stuff...

Automatic Seed

please share your recipes.

To be honest not exactly my recipes, just a copy from "plant utilization society" that I translated. ("" cause I'm not sure how to translate the name of it. Usually names shouldn't be translated.) I'll post some more of these if some one finds em useful. I personally think that it's better to grow some mold resistant plants, but some times there's just shitty weather that will rot all most anything and everything.

Tansy tea
- 300g fresh or 30g dried tansy leafs
- 10 l of water
Chop the leaves a little bit and pour the boiling water on top of them. Let em sit at least 15min. and sieve.
Use as a spray to prevent mold issues and to eradicate hymenopteran.

Comfrey ferment
- 1kg Fresh comfrey leaves or 250g dried
- 5 l of water
Use 1:10 dilution to activate micro-organisms and growth. Contains plenty of potassium. Excellent for tomatoes and berry plants.

Now this may sound odd, but it has been used successfully by cucumber and strawberry farmers.
Skim milk
Dilute 1-5:10 depends how often you spray the plants. Two times a week use 1:10 dilution once a week use 20-50 % solution. Always start with a mild one.

I got an idea of making a compost pile close to my guerilla spot this summer and to study nutrient levels in different plants and then gather them in to my compost. I know. Hell of a lot of work, but I think its going to be worth it in years to follow and maybe I don't need to carry so meny of those heavy soil bags in my backpack. I also believe that in good soil lays the key for healthy growth and disease resistant. Genetics play their role of course but the rest is up to the soil and nutes. These you can affect weather you can not. So why not to give your plants the best you can when its not about the money just an effort.

- Ps. I love hard physical work.

- Purple Rain

Trying to find comfrey seeds. No luck yet, but found more info about it. It is completely immune to all plant diseases and pests. Traditionally used as medication for wounds, bruises, broken bones, joint problems and aches. Warning: when once gets its roots deep in the soil its almost impossible to eradicate. It grows back from the smallest bit of root left in the soil. I know one place where it grows wild. Maybe I could just take a little piece from its root and bury it near to my compost.

Which is why you check out people's grows before buying the beans. Don't trust the company, trust the grows. Check out the highrise gear and grows some time. They grow those plants at 45 N in swamps. No really, literally in standing water in swamps. No mold.

hello guys
the company that i trust was the worst in terms of genetics, green house seeds. i folow one diary that i remember of an spanish grower that in 2010 grow the church by GH and was massive almost 2kg dry zero mold. i was convinced lol.
i found highrise and hybreds from hell, etc... a litle late for this year:cry:.

I have seen Jorge Cervantes kill off mold with a little bit of H2O2 in clean water. Just put them down and drown them in the water for a minute or two. The mold just lets go and lay on the surface. After you are done with the H2O2 bath, just hang them up to dry like you normally would.

I don´t know if this method is very helpful if your plant is totally mold-fucked, i think the method is used when you just spotted the mold.

Anyone ever tried the H2O2 bath method? Is it any good?

Here´s the clip btw. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7jE7qzfgQs

Not for that... but amixture of 3% in a sprayer wrks to prevent progression of mould on live plants... of course this has to be done daily which is a PITA when your grow is remote... :toke:

If you spray your plants with H2O2 you will not kill only the mold but also all beneficial micro herd. So my guts say use it only if you see mold and only for that moldy part of the plant.

That should work fine i think. I will try it if i will have to. Is good you told me to spray it on live plants instead. I would have cut them down. :)

I wouldnt worry about killing the micro herd... they live in the ground for the most part... unless you've been spraying organic teas on your plants... in which place those should help prevent "bud rot" aka Botrytis

Back