Dutch Passion THCV, Tetrahydrocannabivarin by Dutch Passion Seed Company

Feminised THCV seeds are available on our website now, BTW. We should add that this project has been several years in the making and has been far more demanding and complexed than any other I can recall. It has taken a lot of time and effort to get THCV levels up to these levels. Seeds can only be shipped within the EU, sorry about that.
Damn that's awsome you guys did that I'm excited for your team but you guys really need to start shipping to the USA as lots of others do I'm very interested in this strain I would love to get my hands on some.

Yeah..at 499 Euros for 10 beans you're likely to have few takers..In fact, my guess is that it'll work against Dutch Passion..By pricing yourself that far out of the market...you'll do the same thing that the Canadian Govt has done to "legal" producers with its high prices..Enhance the black market.

I can easily see people producing "Victory" knock-offs and selling them at a big discount...You would have been better off producing them at a more modest premium..selling as much as you can hard and fast...as sooner than later..Those beans are going to be replicated and sold by someone else..:

just my 2 cents

Yeah..at 499 Euros for 10 beans you're likely to have few takers..In fact, my guess is that it'll work against Dutch Passion..By pricing yourself that far out of the market...you'll do the same thing that the Canadian Govt has done to "legal" producers with its high prices..Enhance the black market.

I can easily see people producing "Victory" knock-offs and selling them at a big discount...You would have been better off producing them at a more modest premium..selling as much as you can hard and fast...as sooner than later..Those beans are going to be replicated and sold by someone else..:

just my 2 cents
At $50/seed, the seeds are obviously priced-out of the mainstream market, are being sold for commercial use. I presume they are targeting sales to those who will breed all kinds of variations and in the process establish a reputation for Victory and Dutch Passion. I'd guess that Dutch Passion hopes downstream breeders all help establish worldwide consumer demand for THC-v cannnabis, while they remain the brand-name seed market leader. Plus, if any derivative breeders do come up with a real THC-v seed/plant advance, Dutch Passion would be the leading company they'd want to sell their seeds or technology to.

Last edited:
Dutch Passion would have served themselves better by priced the seeds more reasonably IMO..

By pricing the Victory out of the market, as I mentioned, they've made the beans available to fewer growers...who have now jumped on the curve of producing their own THCV dominant seeds...

and Dutch Passion will be left with pennies on this cutting edge strain rather than bringing in big bucks...

Very poor market entry strategy in my opinion..They had "First Mover" advantage..:and they blew it...

They should have "marketed" the new strain in advancecreated some hype, and price the beans at a premium..but reasonably...

I'd say $150 would have been a far better target as they would have sold to the masses...Now they'll sell to a few select...and those black market beans will be out in no time...selling at the price they should have in the first place...

The only other way to have monetized Victory properly and made money would have been as a grower..Having it as a proprietary strain like GW Pharmaceuticals and Doug's Varin ( the fromt runner in the THCV market)

Back