Hello froggy my old friend :pighug:just getting back to growing myself after an 8 month break,i just needed to actually get through some of the 20 odd ounces i had lol.

Looking great so far bro :woohoo::d5::pass:

:welcome:Hello my old friend:pighug:...... like you I have an abundance of bud needing to be consumed, Jars & jars of the stuff.... A nice position to be in though :smoking:

However, "Variety is the spice of life".... Or so they say, and we all have our favorites....Caramel is one of mine, and those jars are getting empty, down to the dust in a few now, hence this repeat Caramel grow.

Talking about Jars / storage..... have you seen these ?

Jar Therm.jpg

They are very small (about 1 inch diameter) thermometer / relative humidity indicators, I grabbed a load from e-bay at about £1.20 each.

I have them in all my storage jars so I can keep an eye on the bud conditions. Small investment, they are cheap and work perfectly.... I like them, a lot ! :d5:

What are you upto / growing - I bet it's DP?

:pass:

Last edited:
:welcome:Hello my old friend:pighug:...... like you I have an abundance of bud needing to be consumed, Jars & jars of the stuff.... A nice position to be in though :smoking:

However, "Variety is the spice of life".... Or so they say, and we all have our favorites....Caramel is one of mine, and those jars are getting empty, down to the dust in a few now, hence this repeat Caramel grow.

Talking about Jars / storage..... have you seen these ?

View attachment 972544

They are very small (about 1 inch diameter) thermometer / relative humidity indicators, I grabbed a load from e-bay at about £1.20 each.

I have them in all my storage jars so I can keep an eye on the bud conditions. Small investment, they are cheap and work perfectly.... I like them, a lot ! :d5:

What are you upto / growing - I bet it's DP?

I hear ya about fav smoke,I really need to grow brooklyn sunrise again it's still my fav so far. Those humidity disc look awesome I am defo getting some of those bro, great find. And as for what I'm growing you were nearly right, not dp but there sister company "seedstockers", got a critical xxl and a northern lights going.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I hear ya about fav smoke,I really need to grow brooklyn sunrise again it's still my fav so far. Those humidity disc look awesome I am defo getting some of those bro, great find. And as for what I'm growing you were nearly right, not dp but there sister company "seedstockers", got a critical xxl and a northern lights going.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

In truth, I have liked all the DP's I have grown :thumbsup:, at least it's fair to say there weren't any that I didn't like.... But some stand out more than others, and you are right, "Brooklyn Sunrise" was one, a lovely smoke , you just reminded me:woohoo:, I will have to grow that again, for sure :smoking:.

Oh, another two (for me at least) that are a definite re-grows from Dutch Passion, are "Auto Blackberry" and "Nightqueen" :mrgreen:

The "Caramels" I am currently growing were germinated from a couple of 2 year old "Zamnesia" seeds (not to be confused with "Zambeza" - who are a totally different supplier).

I have had good success with "Zamnesia". Gonna have to break out the Cages to contain these, if they grow anything like last time.

Thanks for the tip.... I will have to have a look at Seedstockers if you recommend them :toke: always nice to try new stuff :thanks:.

Last edited:
Day 10 Update

Only 10 days from the seeds popping their heads, the two Auto Caramel seedlings were transplanted from the starter cups to their final pots.

Airdomes were placed in the bottom of the Autopots and partly covered 50% with pebbles (about an inch in depth) that had already been Ph'd corrected.

The Soil Mix used for this grow
60% Canna Professional soil, 25% Perlite and 15% Pebbles, with some "Charge" and "Plant Magic Mycorrhizae" added for root development.

The seedlings were removed from the cups. I like good root development in the early stage, and the seedlings didn't disappoint

They have been developing some nice strong roots, as you can see from the photo below.

View attachment 971647

Potted and firmed in then watered with plain water mixed with Mammoth P added at 0.16ml / Lt. with just a drop of "Root Excelsior".

Finally the pots were topped off with a covering of pebbles (protects the soil from pests and stops splashing etc when watering)

This operation was carried out during the lights out phase, the potted plants were returned to the tent and the environment started to return to my desired settings.

View attachment 971662

I anticipate in about 5 days the air domes will be turned on.... till then it's just watering with the above mixture and keeping my eye on them and the tent environment.
nice development for 10D

Day 14 Update

First let me say :welcome: to all who have checked in since I last updated... Nice to see some of the old names, pull up a chair.

Today the Autopot trays were given a "Dishwasher Clean" and all the valve components re-assemble, checked and tested.

The pots were put into the trays and the Air pump (with filter) was cleaned, connected and turned on.

I will run air to the Airdomes 24/7 now for the rest of the grow.

The plants have a little leaf curl on the lower leaves from the seedling stage, this was anticipated with this strain as I have grown them this way before, and they turned out just fine.

The slightly higher temp and Rh in those early days causes this, but I think it helps to establish a good root system (just my opinion). They grow through it and develop well.

Looking at the pic below, I don't think they are doing bad... Happy with the growth for just 14 Days from popping their heads above ground.

Good short node spacing, looks like they will be getting some LST a bit later.

Plant 1
Nov 11th 2018.jpg

Returned both plants to the tent and the environment started to re-stabilise.

Currently I am running at a Lights on (Day) temp of 27c and a Rh of around 45%, the VPD is almost on track with a target of around 1.1

I may raise the humidity to 50% if the VPD sticks where it is at present.

Nov 11th 2018 Pulse.jpg

So, all pretty good at the moment, plants are still being hand watered around the edge of the pot (encourages root spread) with plain rain water and Mammoth P added at 0.16ml/Ltr

I will update again in a few days when they come off hand watering and the Reservoir gets turned on (with grow feed).

In the past, I have found a good indicator for when to switch the feed on is when the plants leaves reach the sides of the pot.

Last edited:
Day 14 Update

First let me say :welcome: to all who have checked in since I last updated... Nice to see some of the old names, pull up a chair.

Today the Autopot trays were given a "Dishwasher Clean" and all the valve components re-assemble, checked and tested.

The pots were put into the trays and the Air pump (with filter) was cleaned, connected and turned on.

I will run air to the Airdomes 24/7 now for the rest of the grow.

The plants have a little leaf curl on the lower leaves from the seedling stage, this was anticipated with this strain as I have grown them this way before, and they turned out just fine.

The slightly higher temp and Rh in those early days causes this, but I think it helps to establish a good root system (just my opinion). They grow through it and develop well.

Looking at the pic below, I don't think they are doing bad... Happy with the growth for just 14 Days from popping their heads above ground.

Good short node spacing, looks like they will be getting some LST a bit later.

Plant 1
View attachment 973459

Returned both plants to the tent and the environment started to re-stabilise.

Currently I am running at a Lights on (Day) temp of 27c and a Rh of around 45%, the VPD is almost on track with a target of around 1.1

I may raise the humidity to 50% if the VPD sticks where it is at present.

View attachment 973460

So, all pretty good at the moment, plants are still being hand watered around the edge of the pot (encourages root spread) with plain rain water and Mammoth P added at 0.16ml/Ltr

I will update again in a few days when they come off hand watering and the Reservoir gets turned on (with grow feed).

In the past, I have found a good indicator for when to switch the feed on is when the plants leaves reach the sides of the pot.
The target VPD for veg is 0.4 to 0.8
vpdchart.jpg

The target VPD for veg is 0.4 to 0.8
View attachment 973529
Yep, I have that chart as well my friend, Thanks.:drunks:

As I said, I may up the Rh to 50% this will lower the VPD a tad.

I have had some limited success from previous grows, and have noted a lot of detail from those grows that I can use.

It helps me understand how my own system works, and that helps me dial it into the plants requirements (although obviously there are limitations - external environmental conditions are often very different for every grow, it has a big influence on the control systems operation).

I sort of use everything as a rough guide as where to be, but at the end of the day I'm still old school and like to try and read and learn from my plants. :greenthumb:

Day 17 Update

Yesterday (Day 17) the Reservoir was filled with 20 Ltrs of water/nutrient feed and turned on.

Using my normal nutrient range (Ferro), with a few additions.

Ferro Nutrients.jpg

The nutrient mix was made up to a Ph of 5.8 and a EC of 1.7 with the following:-

Ferro Growth A + B, Ferro Roots, Ferro Crop, Ferro Enzyme Plus, Mammoth P, and just a dash of superthrive (probably not required, but I love the smell :biggrin:).

After checking for leaks (none found) the Reservoir level has dropped by 1.5 Ltrs over the last 24 Hrs, indicating that the plants have started to take up feed from the Autopots.

This signals the end of hand watering, the plants will start to take off now!
:vibe:

Happy with the growth so far, and for 17 Days old I think the plants look healthy and seem content with my regime.

Nov 17th 2018.jpg

The environment has been tweaked a little and now sits as follows, with a Target Temp of around 25c, Rh 60%, VPD 0.8

The Pulse monitor is doing a good job

Nov 17th 2018 Pulse.jpg

As you can see, not far off track at all. :biggrin:

Will continue with updates next week.

Last edited:
Back