The things to know about Growing Northern Lights Autoflowers

Very nice set up Dirt Dan and awesome looking plants

Curious what ppm and nutes you used dirt Dan

1.35 EC for the GG4 but 1.55 EC for the NL, she's a pig. (I won't go any higher on EC)
I started both at the same EC but the NL quickly showed deficiencies. (Raising EC fixed it)

I use, believe it or not, Masterblend (Tomato stuff) at 2.4-2.4-1.6 with 4ml calimag, 0.25g of KoolBloom dry and 2ml of KB liquid at the moment (3rd week for flower), will be adding 0.5g potassium sulfate at week 5 with lower calimag and KB liquid in 2 weeks.

(I'm in process of replacing all my General Hydroponic/Scotts/Monsanto crap). All GH liquids will be replaced with salts.

(N,P,K,Ca,Mg,S)
126-55-226-134-49-55 at first
131-55-226-160-57-55 Veg
134-89-292-173-61-55 Trans
135-91-286-173-62-55 First 4 week of flower
133-91-342-160-58-79 Week 5 to 7
127-94-297-124-41-41 Week 8 to end (This is my version of flushing)

I only play with EC levels after that.

Obviously this probably won't work with your setup but it gives a look at what works with my setup.

the only thing to know about NL is -> they take fuckin foreverrrrr to grow :face: :crying: ..........jus sayin & carry on plz :coffee: ppp
Take forever to flower in one week into flower on mine first auto NL …how long do they usually take to flower ?

I've grown a few ILGM Northern Lights Autos. One was a pretty big plant, though due to my CFL setup in a trash can, I got a measly harvest from it...only 9 grams.

My second grow was in a proper tent with a Budget LED (225 watts I think) and it only got about a foot tall. However, it was loaded with ultra-dense colas and I ended up pulling 5 ounces from it after 83 days. It's a fantastic smoke, but like others have said, the size will vary from plant to plant and from setup to setup. Just roll with it, it's nature.
Dude I got mine from ilgm it’s one week into flower growing outside ….once it started Flowering how long did it take to finish ?

Dude I got mine from ilgm it’s one week into flower growing outside ….once it started Flowering how long did it take to finish ?

@420Forever and me gotz stories about how long it takes for NL's to finish :smoking: The herb is worth the time imo... I've grown at least one a year for the past 3 years. :thumbsup: Two of those were grown outdoors and finished right at 90 days.

So figure around 13 weeks total.. for me :smoking: 420 has his own story to tell :eek1:

Enjoy and have fun on the journey :d5::toke:

@420Forever and me gotz stories about how long it takes for NL's to finish :smoking: The herb is worth the time imo... I've grown at least one a year for the past 3 years. :thumbsup: Two of those were grown outdoors and finished right at 90 days.

So figure around 13 weeks total.. for me :smoking: 420 has his own story to tell :eek1:

Enjoy and have fun on the journey :d5::toke:
13 weeks from flower ? Or from seed it’s one week flower now so how many weeks flower ?

13 weeks from flower ? Or from seed it’s one week flower now so how many weeks flower ?

13 weeks from seed to harvest :thumbsup:

I don't rightly know as with my autos I keep a general log of the timeline and don't mark the change between veg and flowering. My notes seem to show it started flowering at 29 days (could be off by a bit) but the overall grow took 76 days seed to chop.

Back