:tip: DIY Worm Farm For Under £20!

Thought I'd post some pics of how the worm farm is coming along. They are multiplying as there are now twice as many worms and baby ones too. Lots of eggs around.

It's working well overall, I've not taken any castings yet, will give it another month I think although the scraps I put in there daily get eaten within the week, crazy fast.

View attachment 394524View attachment 394523

I know it's all happening under that mess, when I throw in potato scraps, they sprout a 3" top in 2 days lol.

Dazed..

Looks like you have too much food scraps. let them eat it up before you add more. They'll eat their weight in a day, but remember that includes the bedding. When you have a lot of scraps like that, cover them with a bit of potting soil or compost, it will keep the smell down and speed the decomposition. I've raised worms in the past, sold them for trout bait. becareful to not let it get too wet either. keep it just barely moist and they will thrive! Citrus friut should only go in very small amounts also, Left over veggies in any kind of sauce are ok too, just wash the sauce off.

Great post! :Sharing One:

Looks like you have too much food scraps. let them eat it up before you add more. They'll eat their weight in a day, but remember that includes the bedding. When you have a lot of scraps like that, cover them with a bit of potting soil or compost, it will keep the smell down and speed the decomposition. I've raised worms in the past, sold them for trout bait. becareful to not let it get too wet either. keep it just barely moist and they will thrive! Citrus friut should only go in very small amounts also, Left over veggies in any kind of sauce are ok too, just wash the sauce off.

Great post! :Sharing One:

Thanks bro, I'll put some more leaf compost on top. I also brought it inside the garage now so it stays drier..

Thanks bro, I'll put some more leaf compost on top. I also brought it inside the garage now so it stays drier..

If you have room, you can freeze fresh food scraps to feed them later. And your worms if healthy could double their population in 6 months!

Nice one Dazed! :d5:

I'm lucky enough to have a very large compost pile(s) with a couple zillion worms happy as pigs in poop. But for the people that maybe live in an apt complex or for whatever reason can't harvest their own worm poop outdoors, this is good.:thumbs:

Stoner simple, no sharp edges :roflcry: (oh, but carefully please with the power tools, tokers) and with pictures! "Bailers Booya"
Props, and reps, and good vibes and some SBR-70 Space Weed for you...
:Sharing One:

The scientific name is Zophobas Morio. Superworms are large mealworm type worms. They have a hard exoskeleton.
Superworms are used for feeding reptiles, birds, and for bait.
I feed them veggies and wheat bran.

The scientific name is Zophobas Morio. Superworms are large mealworm type worms. They have a hard exoskeleton.
Superworms are used for feeding reptiles, birds, and for bait.
I feed them veggies and wheat bran.

Cool, thank you! :Sharing One:

Should have found this sooner or wish I had anyways. Thanks for the diy brother.. Awesome man!

I built one for under $20 that was just a duffel bag with a dual zipper suspended vertically in a pvc stand. I just unzipped the top zipper to add food, bedding, etc. And unzipped the bottom zipper to remove castings.

Nice thread!
I recently started a worm bin myself. I feed mine ground up crabshell, with some eggshell, azomite, and cormeal mixed in. I also add used coffe sometimes too. They seem to love it.
What are you using for grit?

Back